Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Razz- I know I played this wrong but take a look and tell me why

Villian, he's agro and plays with bricks in the whole.

Razz ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)

Seat 1: $3.40
Seat 2: $50.50
Seat 3: $27
Seat 4: $3.85
Seat 5: $7.60
Hero: $7.65

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (4.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.25 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.25 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (7.25 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (9.25 BB - $9.25)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $9.25 | Rake $0.45

Note: this site shuffles the hole cards.

Seat 2: [Ks 9c 2s 5s Kh 3s 5c] - K,9,5,3,2

</font>
Old 01-25-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Razz- I know I played this wrong but take a look and tell me why

Only debatable street is 4th, but with such a live low hand + extra dead money in the pot, it should be OK (especially with his starting hand range). All other streets seem standard to me.

BTW, don't post results (at least not until you've gotten some comments on the hand).
Old 01-25-2007, 10:07 PM

I think this looks ok. When you consider that your assessment of the villian is that he is loose agressive, I agree even more. If he didn't brick on fifth it might be a different story though . . .
Old 01-25-2007, 11:08 PM

4th street you can call if you expect the other guy to limp along - you need to make up one big bet between 3rd street and 4th street to have the correct pot size to do this (around 7 SB or implied odds that the villain will see 1 more street if he bricks 2x). If you don't start raising that river vs this opponent you need to quit, thats such an easy raise!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-25-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't start raising that river vs this opponent you need to quit, thats such an easy raise!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're much braver than me. Are we really getting called enough to make a raise worthwhile? If villian has half a brain (debatable, perhaps), we're only getting looked up by rough 7-hands. He'll pop it with hands he can be sure beat us, and given his aggression, we would be stuck with a very tough decision facing the 3-bet....
Old 01-25-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't start raising that river vs this opponent you need to quit, thats such an easy raise!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're much braver than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, but I have played hundreds of hours of lowball games. Raise, you can fold to a 3-bet vs most opponents here. The raise has tremendous value.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:26 PM

TT - I wonder if you could comment on this line of thinking - I would not raise the river because my board is such that my opponent can know for a fact that he has me beat. Given this fact, I really don't want to see a re raise, so why not just call.

If you were the other player, would you re-raise bluff under any circumstances based on this scenario?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:38 PM

Should we be betting 5th? We have a 4 card 7 and our opponent may have a 4 card 6 or even a 5. Im pretty new to Razz but I wouldnt bet 5th. Is this incorrect?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were the other player, would you re-raise bluff under any circumstances based on this scenario?

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you see a re-raise bluff in Razz at this level? Its such an ABC game, people are petrified of calling a raise, let alone 3-bet bluffing.

Old 01-25-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you see a re-raise bluff in Razz at this level? Its such an ABC game, people are petrified of calling a raise, let alone 3-bet bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The re raise bluff was more of an afterthought to my original question regarding why not raise. The reason, however, that I think the bluff is possible in this case is because the opponent will know that you are raising with a 7. So if he could beat a seven, which is possible with the villian's board, it would be natural to raise. And if he raises, it would be foolish to call unless there was a good enough chance that he is bluffing to make it +EV.

In short, I would call rather than raise on seventh because the opponent knows more about my hand (best I can have is 7) than I do about his (he could have wheel or six).