Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

Apparently data mining is allowed.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So did they forward any info to a mod that can confirm at least whether there is any basis behind FTP's actions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah!

3 hours ago, FTPSean said he'd be willing to share any info with mods. None have yet posted in this thread with any confirmation.

That doesn't bode well for FTP.....

Of course, as was just demonstrated, thinking more or less of people because they didn't reply instantly is absurd. Let's remember that the real world doesn't move on internet discussion forum speed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know that any mod has necessarily volunteered to recieve this data and look at it yet, so this doesn't say anything bad necessarily about FTP. I know that I, personally, am not qualified to look at whatever FTP has and come to some kind of conclusion, so I certainly won't be volunteering, but maybe a mod who's better at poker than me would like to.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are jumping the gun, she will respond shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad to hear that Johny.
I'm still keeping an open-mind about the potential for a false-positive here and that she really is innocent.
I don't know her from adam but I also don't trust FT to be 100% infallible obviously.

I agree with you other post that it's inappropriate to do it in the way they do. But that's already been stated about a zillion times already.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As previously mentioned, in order to protect the integrity of this investigation and those in the future, we will not be releasing the evidence in this case. We can tell you that during the course of the investigation we reviewed and assessed detailed hand histories and playing patterns to come to our final decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else bothered by this? If SillySal was in fact guilty of using bots, then FTP's sanction was certainly appropriate. But not disclosing the evidence??

I can see how they may not want to reveal how they can detect bots, or else the people who use them may plug those holes, but not disclosing the evidence, or anything else about the investigation, really evokes images of the Star Chamber.

There needs to be some kind of appeal process or an independent review. Perhaps the aggrieved party and FTP could agree upon an trusted third party, and split the costs of reviewing the evidence and issuing a report, while being sworn to secrecy?

I'm conflicted by situations like this - bots need to be stomped on to preserve the integrity of poker, but there needs to be some due process and an independent review, not faceless security personnel condemning people behind the scenes.

Carl.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"automated artificial intelligence software"

to clarify - that means a bot that actually allegedly played for sillysal, right?

it doesn't mean data mining while not playing, does it?

[/ QUOTE ]
What if it's not "automated", but instead a human uses some "AI software" to display a recommended action based on game theoretic solutions?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 12:27 AM

I was being sarcastic that you guys thought that because sillysal didn't reply "fast enough" that she was more likely to be guilty.

Obviously, it is self-evident that the 3 hour delay isn't a bad reflection on FTP; Similarly, it is self-evident that the 1 (2?) hour delay by Sillysal is not a bad reflection on Sillysal.

While the IG forum is serious business, there are other things in the world that can hold someone's attention.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So,

It would seem Sal has been accused/tried/convicted of botting by FTP.

Sal: are you running anything that may have triggered a false positive? AHK / AutoIT / Vista voice control etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll need to see the e-mail from Sal first.
Previously she thought it might have been related to a really bad player she won big from and that maybe the money she won came from a stolen credit-card and ended up looking like potential chip-dumping.

All through this drama she had no idea if she was accused of botting or chip-dumping or what.
Given the length of time for the investigation some of us were kind of assuming they were waiting on some other players' ID's and some charges to clear.

Perhaps FT is accusing her of BOTH botting and chip-dumping and it was a big combination that led to the super-lengthy investigation.
Still, lets just wait to hear from Sal before we start looking at the chip-dumping scenario or whether it could have been botting false-positives or what.

Hopefully she at least has been told SOMETHING about what she supposedly did by now.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 AM

Unbelievable!

Why keep 47k in you account while using bots?!
I doesnt make sense.

And we can probably now say that Mr.Gatorade trickered the whole fiasco.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:30 AM

Its pretty obvious that these sites can do whatever the [censored] they want. Look at Absolute.
They cheat, lie about it, and they are still pretty much business as usual. If a site can do this and continue operating with virtually no
visible harm, then all sites recognize that they can pretty much do anything they want without worry. Cheat, lie, steal.....pretty scary.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was being sarcastic that you guys thought that because sillysal didn't reply "fast enough" that she was more likely to be guilty.

Obviously, it is self-evident that the 3 hour delay isn't a bad reflection on FTP; Similarly, it is self-evident that the 1 (2?) hour delay by Sillysal is not a bad reflection on Sillysal.

While the IG forum is serious business, there are other things in the world that can hold someone's attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

While she has now posted it, my main concern was that she continued posting several times all of which were well after several people posted (and I pm'd her) asking her to post the damned email, and 3 hours later, no email, but several more posts proclaiming her innocence. In any event, she has now posted the email and this is a moot point. This was not handled well by Full Tilt Poker regardless of whether or not she is guilty because there is no way that she is 100 percent definitely guilty, no matter how much evidence FTP has, unless they've managed to get a video camera of a robot sitting at her computer.