Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

Nice thread, I'm in youngstown and cannot wait to hit this room on the weekend. As soon as it gets out that the tables are open this room will be swarming with bad players.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice thread, I'm in youngstown and cannot wait to hit this room on the weekend. As soon as it gets out that the tables are open this room will be swarming with bad players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then word must have already got out from the plays I've seen [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
About the $5 rake- it's a true 10% (assuming your dealer does math correctly). They do not take $3 on the flop like other poker rooms, just 10%. So if the pot is pushed on the flop and it's only $12 in there the rake would be $1.00 as opposed to $3 at other poker rooms.

I saw one or two dealers try to rake a pot that was won pre-flop but this is obviously not correct and they didn't do so when called on it.
I plan on going back on Tues I think and am curious to see if anything has improved.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don’t have a “no flop no drop policy.” If one player raises and everyone folds they rake the sb, bb and the raiser’s bet that equals the bb.

E.g 5/10NL 5+10 +10 (not the whole raise) = 25 – rake was $2 on a blind steal.

I am sure not all dealers know what to do, but I asked the floor (I asked 2 different people) and got the same answer.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:35 AM

Anyone stay overnight? Do they have a poker rate?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone stay overnight? Do they have a poker rate?

[/ QUOTE ]I've heard anyone with a players card gets $39 hotel room during week, $89 on Friday nights and $99 on Sat nights but haven't confirmed it myself.

Just got back from a 5 hour session tonight. Couple notes about the room on my 3rd trip..

Dealers are still wretched. Still don't know what the winning hand is at river. Still not knowing to skip the player and keep dealing if they exposed their card. Don't understand how buying the button works. The dealers had such a bad grasping of using $3 chips for rake drops they ended up pulling the $3 chips from the dealer's racks so theres a closet full of wasted $3 chips somewhere.
They're having a hard time using the comp machine as well. When they need chips they'll forget to push the chip runner button and they have a hell of a time clocking someone in.

I had a dealer tonight, bald older guy name John who bumped the machine and clocked me out. I made him aware of situation and he's like "you're still in" so I asked him what my name is since it'll come up on the screen. Obviously, he can't tell me cause I wasn't clocked in... no tips for him.
Dealers were also letting players buy in short sometimes when they min buyin at 1/2 NL is $70 on a rebuy. I personally had no problem with it as it's usually dead money if they buy in short.

There was some pluses. The cocktail waitresses got hotter overnight it seemed as most of the servers tonights were 5's or 6's as opposed to the 2's and 3's I saw on Friday and Saturday.

There was also 1 or 2 decent dealers. I had a younger guy named Lloyd deal tonight and he was very good. There was another guy named Michael who did his best to keep the game moving at a good clip and I think he'll eventually be an excellent dealer as well.

Floor is still mediocre at best. They're in no hurry to attend to a floor call and they have a tough time counting racks behind dealers or dealing with change issues when called upon.

The dealers also need to be instructed more about guarding their decks. Multiple times tonight a dealer thought the hand was over and essentially put their deck on the top of the muck. The top cards were not mixed and the deck was essentially in-tact but the cards still hit the muck which seems like a big no-no.

I might head back up tomorrow night but so far things are starting to get a little faster and the players are just as horrendous as day one.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 PM

Witzo, have you seen anyone else buying in for the full 300 while youre there? Im pumped to go down there in the next couple days. I usually play at Seneca but now that you can buy in for 150bb's there I see no reason to ever go there again.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:56 PM

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors

this is so f-ing awesome do you think they would ever spread:
pl mixed/dealer's choice
plo uncapped 1/2,2/5,5/10...?
higher limit 8/ob?

these seem like trouble for the dealers but we would tip exorbitantly and then basically run the game for them, i think

so sweet wv rules $39 room rate lol
Old 10-24-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Witzo, have you seen anyone else buying in for the full 300 while youre there? Im pumped to go down there in the next couple days. I usually play at Seneca but now that you can buy in for 150bb's there I see no reason to ever go there again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only myself and my friends have I seen buy in for the full 3 hundo. Even people I've seen from Seneca or local charity tourny cashgames whose games I respect have been buying in short.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is so f-ing awesome do you think they would ever spread:
pl mixed/dealer's choice
plo uncapped 1/2,2/5,5/10...?
higher limit 8/ob?

these seem like trouble for the dealers but we would tip exorbitantly and then basically run the game for them, i think

so sweet wv rules $39 room rate lol

[/ QUOTE ]Bigges O8 I saw so far is 5/10 limit. I did overhear on Saturday the front desk radio'ing a floor person if the room could spread PLO8 and the floor basically replied with "no way".
I think the odds of a PL game going on in Mountaineer right now is less likely then NL Crazy 8's being spread.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 PM

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors

anybody want to split a room saturday night?