(correct me if i'm wrong)

. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

you are wrong, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't look like he's wrong.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: *** Official 2007-08 Golden State Warriors Thread ***

Jazz are the better team. That simple. It's ok, alot can happen in a season, time to rebound and get on a hot rush. Here were my thoughts on the game:

Baron took command when he needed, and he was full of guile (drawing charges, forcing turn overs) so his veteran leadership is appreciated. he also can "get to the hole," which is great because at this juncture he's the only one who can CONSISTANTLY create their shot. The big question is his 3pt shooting and fts; he takes too many 3s for being so bad at them, and he draws so many fouls he should be a more efficient shooter from the line. this may haunt the warriors. (team pandemic in general)

Monta looked good, I'm glad they started him. He has bursts of brilliance on defense when he gambles in a passing lane or overplays a man shutting him off the ball, but his man up defense is subpar. Well, it could be because he was guarding Deron Williams, who is very good on offense, so again, this could just be "1 game judgement," but I seem to recall this being the problem last year as well. Also, he was more effective in the first half then the second; did he get tired, or did they just stop funneling plays through him?

They really need Sjaxx. When Baron is off the court, the offense tends to stall, since Hudson is a perennial backup player and can't focus an offense for more then a few minutes, and Bellini/Pietrus (funny they started him) are just not good enough to do anything (right now) then just nail open shots.

Biedrins is great, but he tends to get nailed by so many ridiculous calls. I mean, last year and this time, I kept thinking to myself "wtf, that's not a foul," but if it KEEPS happening, he has to be doing SOMETHING I'm not seeing, right? When he is not plagued by foul trouble he's able to somewhat control the paint (notice that when he didn't care about fouls, he contained Boozer - keep in mind Boozer is one of the top offensive paint threats - but as soon as he got fouls racked up / off the floor, Boozer made it "his" game) Also, would be nice if Biedrins could develop a semblance of a postup game (rather then garbage put backs) but I know that's not GSW style (half court)

Any other thoughts guys? I thought Barnes looked real bad but again a few minutes do not make a season.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:40 AM

shrug, warriors played sloppy and it looked like the first game of the season. I didn't really see anything out there tonight that gave me any cause for concern. Jazz obviously match up well against the Warriors who just can't stop Boozer, but W's also missed Jack a lot tonight. Looks like we may actually get something out of PoBryant this year.

Troy Hudson was really disappointing, I thought he was a great pickup but it seems like he doesn't know hes allowed to pass. Azubuike/Ellis/Belinelli/Harrington all looked good. Well, Al put the ball on the floor too much, but he got some tough rebounds.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:43 AM

i wouldn't put too much stock into it. it is the first game of the season and with the warriors style they can be prone to looking real bad sometimes. baron looked/played well. i was hoping more from hudson esp since baron is going to need his rest to stay healthy.

i said it at the time of the signing and i'll say it again, wtf, austin croshere?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

Well its a good thing we traded j rich for an 8th overall pick we wont be using...
Old 10-31-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well its a good thing we traded j rich for an 8th overall pick we wont be using...

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of it as trading Richardson for an 8th overall that looks good in a suit + not having to watch one of Biedrins or Ellis become an All-Star for a different team.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:08 PM

Is anyone else annoyed by the mispronunciation of Monta's name? Shouldn't it be Mont-uh? "Mon-tay" should be required to have a "y" at the end for it to properly work.

It's like, we have a local meteorologist named Sean. Wanna know how he pronounces it? "Seen". This was a huge annoying WTF to me until someone explained that he was a twin and his brother was named Shaun. What the hell is the matter with some parents doing crap like that? Now he has to go through life correcting EVERYONE.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:12 PM

At least his parents didn't misspell his name like Dwyane and Antawn.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:14 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else annoyed by the mispronunciation of Monta's name? Shouldn't it be Mont-uh? "Mon-tay" should be required to have a "y" at the end for it to properly work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim Barnett(warriors color guy) calls him Mont-uh. I have called him Mont-uh since he was drafted. This whole mon-tay thing was new to me as of yesterday.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:16 PM

RJ, well it's good to know that the whole world hasn't gone crazy. Mon-tuh it is. I thought I would be the only one.

[ QUOTE ]
At least his parents didn't misspell his name like Dwyane and Antawn.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good point. I tried to make it about Jhonny Peralta in a baseball thread only to find out that from where he hails (some Latino country) that is actually the correct spelling.