Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 09:42 AM

Default 12k WSOP ticket package scamm at Gnuf.com

Hi,

I won a WSOP ticket package worth 12k at a Gnuf.com freeroll June 3rd at 20:00 CET.

However while this turney was played out there was a server downtime of some minutes. I didnt think this would be a big problem because at that time we were down to 3 handed play and everybody returned almost at the same time.

I after the win i recieved an email of gnuf.com:
"
Hi Daniel!

We from Gnuf would like to congratulate you to the winning of the WSOP package!

We will contact you with all the information that you need in the beginning of
the week.

If you have any question don't hesitate to contact us at any time, have a great
evening!

Best Regards,
Eva @ Gnuf Support
"

Oh boy i was just happy, i dont play freerolls usually but it looked like a good spot and i thought the time invested payed off.

However the great news was followed by a strange email:
"
Hang in there Daniel, we're onto it!

At about 22:00 CET on Sunday, the WSOP Freeroll that you were involved in came face to face with a network-wide technical snag that affected the tourney big time. Horrible, we dislike lags and disconnections as much as you do.

Right now, we are working together with Microgaming to track down exactly what happened, when, and to whom, in order to come up with a fair resolution. So please hang in there for a little while, we are striving hard to sort this out and will keep you posted as we move forward.

For those affected, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

With love and bandages,

"

I also recieved a phone call that they are "investigating" the turnament with prima. I wondered and asked why and if this could affect my win. They told me that they cant tell me anything in detail and that i should just be patient.

I began to have a bad feeling about this.

When i finally realised what happened, there were 4 different turnaments going on and it looked like some players of the other turnaments couldnt rejoin the tables after the server disc. I felt better because i thought it wouldnt affect me because at my table everybody returned and we could play it out so i thought just wait and everything will be fine.

Today, the big shocker. Somebody that also played a different WSOP tourney told me that EVERY tourney will be "replayed" and ask me if i was informed.
However i wasnt, no mail nothing. I phoned Gnuf.com, and they told me that they will call me back within one hour.
After 3 hours of waiting and really being upset i posted on my affiliate forum. One hour later, still no phonecall, but an email:

"
Daniel, you're in on the restart

Finally, here is the deal: We've decided to re-play the closing stages of last week's void WSOP Freeroll. Therefore, we're going to restart the tourney exactly where the disruptions occurred - and we're doing it this Sunday!

At the point of disruption, there were 4 players left at the tables, so on Sunday June 10th at 20:00 CET the tourney will restart from that point. And don't worry, you're already pre-registered with the same chip stack you had then. So all you need to do is turn up and play
"

This felt just so wrong they didnt aswer my phonecall instead they just mailed me this, i was setup and posted on my affiliate forums:

http://www.pokersourceonline.com/for...4&start=90

In the hope of getting a better statement. I had to read that its "fair for all" and that made me really sick.

I had to read about a chipleader that lost his blinds and that just wasnt my tourney and why am i affected by this ?
No, answer.. I tryed the phone again where the support told me that this was the "final decision" of the management, nothing i could do.

I tryed to email Kahnawake Gamming Commission, since i just didnt know what to do.Response:
"
Gnuf.com is not licensed by the Kahnawake Gamming Commission so I regret to inform you that I will not be able to help you at this time.
"

So my post here has 2 intentions, first i feel helpless and i thought maybe somebody here could help, second is dont play at gnuf.com since they really have bad support and a bad way to handle customers.

I uploaded the complete handhistorys of the tournament as a prove that the chipleader was always there:
http://rapidshare.com/files/35947328...00001.txt.html

I really dont know if this is the right forum else please move my thread to the right one. And i hope i explained myself understandable since my english is really not the best.

I still feel really sick about this and i just dont want to play the "replay" of the tournament since i was kinda of short till 2handed play where i was still 1:3 underdog in chips but managed a comeback.. It would be a 1:10 shoot or something at the WSOP-Ticket that i had already won in a FAIR tournament and i really feel scammed and defrauded by Gnuf.com and dont know what to do about this.
I play online around one year now and around 5k tournaments and something like this never happened to me and i wish nobody will ever get in this situation its just horrible..

TheDna
Old 06-08-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: 12k WSOP ticket package scamm at Gnuf.com

Tough story. But in all honesty there's absolutely nothing you can do other than what you've already done. You may want to try and negotiate something with them. Send another email asking them if there's anything they can do for you as a loyal customer. Maybe ask them to pay 1/2 your buyin to the WSOP, and you'll wear their gear(hat/shirt..ect).

Doubt that will work, but it's worth a shot.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:04 AM

My guess is that the other 3 players were ticked off, & made a big deal to them about losing when down to 4 during the disconnect....
If they felt like giving out 2 seats, a possible "fair" resolution would be to allow you to keep yours, & let the other 3 play for another seat ...
PS: ... Shouldn't this thread be in the Internet forum ... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2007, 01:50 PM

would be nice if someone could move it to the Internet forum.. Sorry bout that, wasnt sure where to post.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:25 PM

1. It is not a scamm. A ruling you do not agree with but not a scam.
2. It is a Freeroll.
3. Perhaps you would have gone out Fourth but for the dis-connect.
4. Life Sucks!!!
5. WTF is a Gnuf?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:13 PM

realy unfair that players are punished for prima mistakes
Old 06-08-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it IS, it's Prima, Micro, or whatever new name they have this year.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
technical snag that affected the tourney big time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
With love and bandages,

[/ QUOTE ]

These two lines in itself are enough to show you what a professional outfit you're dealing with
Old 06-09-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. It is a Freeroll.
4. Life Sucks!!!
5. WTF is a Gnuf?

[/ QUOTE ]

O come on .. you would be in here crying and whining if they screwed you also ... and dont act like you wouldn't ... i swear ... a lot of people on this forum just come into others thread just to start [censored] and act like complete dumb@sses
Old 06-09-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2. It is a Freeroll.
4. Life Sucks!!!
5. WTF is a Gnuf?

[/ QUOTE ]

O come on .. you would be in here crying and whining if they screwed you also ... and dont act like you wouldn't ... i swear ... a lot of people on this forum just come into others thread just to start [censored] and act like complete dumb@sses

[/ QUOTE ]

Point out one statement that is Incorrect.
Who is coming into the thread like a [censored]?