Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Oliver Perez? Are you joking?

Kioshk,

You should have let reason prevail in this thread. No team, especially after busting their ass for 9 months--"goes through the motions" and "doesn't want it as much as the other team" when it comes down to it at the end, stop listening to cliched analysts and announcers. Everyone wants to win and everyone wants to win as badly as the other, not more or less, it is what each of them have worked toward and is their common goal.

When handicapping the game you need to look at who's on the mound and their respected lineup's among other things not who you think hasn't eaten lunch that day. And FWIW, Suppan > Perez by a large margin. This doesn't mean they win but I wouldn't be so quick to take the Mets.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think the mets aren't going to let perez go out there more than four innings unless he is dominating, and they will pull him at the first sign of trouble, so the damage of a costly blowup will be largely restricted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like under's on Perez's prop bets because of this. Props seemed to be based on a 5-7 inning appearance where I feel he will put in possibly 4 since the entire staff is avail tonight and Traschel will probably get in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Traschel will not get in tonight unless the Mets run out of pitchers. After he pulled himself out of the game the other night he's basically persona non grata to everyone else. The NY papers are all saying that was his last start as a Met and he might be left off the WS roster (for El Duque) if they advance.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:49 PM

Crazy tense game there. That was the most I've had riding on a baseball game, and I could hardly breathe when the Mets loaded the bases for Beltran. Luckily, Wainright pitched his way out of the jam and the Cardinals are going to the World Series!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:56 PM

I guess OP wasn't so bad.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:35 AM

Yeah that was good stuff. Very tense. Tough beat for Mets bettors, but Cards prolly deserved it. Perez did come through for the team, but he really got away with a couple of bad pitches. Could not BELIEVE he challenged Pujols in the 5th. Came in with very hittable fastball that Pujols just missed. Then same thing against Rolen in the sixth. Really thought that catch was gonna be a game winner. WTF was Edmonds thinking getting double off there??!! What an idiot. But man, in the bottom of the 9th there I could hardly watch. Really felt like Beltran was gonna do the biz.... Very entertaining stuff. Can't see taking the Cards in the series tho. Even at 2/1 I can't see it. Tigers are just way better.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:43 AM

Obviously, the Mets weren't hungry enough and Yadier Molina had an insatiable appetite.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:54 AM

Cards just wanted it more. Simple as that.