Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-29-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Conceled 5\'s line

Is a raise correct here representing Aces, although an ace is dead my 5's are live.
Bet here on 5th?

7 Card Stud High ($0.05/$0.10), Ante $0.01, Bring-In $0.02 (converter)

3rd Street

seat 0: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings in___calls
seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
seat 3: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street

seat 0: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street

seat 0: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street

seat 0: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

River

seat 0: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
seat 1: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Old 11-29-2007, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Conceled 5\'s line

I don't like the raise on 3rd street because it puts you in a must bet positon of 4th street. If you raise 3rd with the Ace and then check 4th it is a sign of weakness as you are going to lead the betting (assuming nobody pairs). Also, given the stakes you are probably going to have calling stations going to the 7th street and you don't have the best hand. If it were a higher limit game I might offer different advice.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:33 PM

I like it with 2 exceptions.

a. There is one Ace showing
b. At this micro level nobody's gonna fold anyway

But if you move up in stakes, might be worth trying sometime.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:57 PM

I think if you are going to make a play for the pot the you have to bet 5th as well. Since you hae a gutshot as well makes a bigger argument to bet.

I'm also tempted to bet 6th as well.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:30 AM

I also like it less because of the limper.