Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-01-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Variance: I still play at AP

There are hundreds of ways a corrupt poker site can skim your money.

AP is a proven corrupt poker site.

AP has done absolutely nothing about it except ask for an 'immediate' audit TWO WEEKS AGO which, according to Mark Seif's latest blog, still hasn't even started! The auditors are only now 'on their way'. It's the worst cover-up since Janet Jackson at the Superbowl.

If being cheated just doesn't bother you 'because its only $10', fine. If fellow players being robbed of millions doesn't bother you either, well... AP loves this easy-going, laid-back new breed of 'poker player'.

I think you should deposit your entire life-savings into an Absolute Poker high-interest VIP account. What could possibly go wrong?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:18 PM

^^^^^ agree, think of the players who have lost, how long has it been going on for? Why have the destroyed hand histories? Why havent the aloud independent 3rd parties to go in there? Why havent they told us they real management situiation? Need i go on?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM

How many trolls are going to make this same retarded thread for attention?

Seriously if I looked I could find you at least 10 of these with identical replies to boot.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As you say, the chances of you personally being cheated at $10 tournaments are pretty low . . . however, the main reason why you wouldn't want to do this is in case there is a 'run' on AP, i.e. lots of people start withdrawing money because of the scandal, as more people withdraw, more and more people hear about it, lose confidence in AP and start withdrawing themselves . . . AP see all the money leaving, decide to pull the plug and freeze all withdrawals - bye bye bankroll.
Also, there's something a bit retarded about being the type of consumer who continues to do business with a company that you know is corrupt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points, but...

There hasn't been any noticable change in traffic even though teh story made front page headlines. Most players are probably blissfully unaware.

Also, I'm not convinced that the "company" is corrupt just because one or two executives cheated some customers. Even at a company with prolific internal scandals, i.e. Enron, most employees have decent ethics and thought everything was on the up and up. I doubt AP's scandal goes beyond the 2 employees/officials, but I may reconsider if the investigation comes back differently.

I'm sure there are 1 or 2 employees at each competitors' site who would cheat, if they could. It doesn't make the whole company bad. Cheating will always be one of the biggest issues with online poker and it is vigilant players like those in the 2+2 community that keep both players and companies honest.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point. Part of the rake you pay goes to supporting the lifestyle of a worthless piece of scum, who still owns part of Absolute Poker.

As far as keeping companies honest, vigilant players won't have anywhere near the impact they could have if it's obvious that POS like you will keep supporting corrupt sites and owners regardless of what they do.

Cliff notes: Go away, idiot.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:10 PM

I still play at AP. Find me a site that matches their rakeback and vip bonues, esp their cash for points and i'l leave.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:14 PM

So it's all about the money?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still play at AP. Find me a site that matches their rakeback and vip bonues, esp their cash for points and i'l leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like ap a lot for this and because there are some semi bad regulars in the games i play
Old 11-04-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheating will always be one of the biggest issues with online poker and it is vigilant players like those in the 2+2 community that keep both players and companies honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is, as great as all the people on these forums have been in uncovering the cheating scandal, without an accidental leaking of that 1 hand history Absolute Poker would have never been caught. Therefore, the people of the 2+2 community can't keep them honest.

In fact, the only thing that could keep poker companies honest is the threat that they would lose a significant amount of their customers. But as greedy/ ignorant people like you have proven, along with all the others who still knowingly play at AP, poker companies no longer have to fear losing their business if they get caught stealing money from its customers. Thus, there is nothing keeping poker companies honest.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:31 PM

At one time, the smallest bit of cheating in poker got you shot or hanged. And now, after stealing millions, not only are people willing to forgive and forget in the blink of an eye, but they even will keep coming back and bringing more of their money to the same cheater.

How things have changed!

I'm definitely going to plan my retirement in Costa Rica now.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:51 PM

*cough*softgames*cough*