Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Beat the UIGEA from the bottom up

OK, I quit,

In this area I clearly do not know what I am talking about.

You guys fix this problem. OK?

Tuff
Old 11-20-2007, 01:50 PM

The game servers address the hax problem with code verification at launch. There are programming or other solutions to all of these issues.

Much of the fraud is committed by social engineering, which allows the perp to access the victim's secure data by convincing the victim to give it up, ie, fake support, etc.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

IIRC this is a p2p system, each client is also a server. Am I missing something here?

Also note I am here purely in the hypothetical, shooting out ideas - gambling is for some reason not a crime where I live [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite willing to show "my" hand just yet.

But so far from all that has been disussed here and in other places there seems a pretty good chance there is a solution that doesn't depend on much else; the WTO, Congress, the PPA, or 12 - 18 months for MGM or Harrahs.

Like all poker hands it is currently a matter of evaluating the legal "table" and making the right "bets" to best position for a +EV outcome.

In part from Tuff's input as well as unnamed others the +EV is not a single individual or even a group of people but the larger poker community.

Personally if I can cover my potential legal costs, I'm all-in. I just can not say I have a dealer's count of all the bets on the table just yet. But from an early count it looks +EV.

D$D
Old 11-20-2007, 08:11 PM

What if a company just offers this service to the public as a courtesy. I don't know, say, a beer company or (don't laugh) a male enhancement company or a wrestling company etc. The point is, a company that appeals to the major demographic that uses online poker, young adult males, and a company that would not be hurt by a FOF-type backlash boycott. Their motive would be to increase their name recognition.

They also could ask for donations and give those to charity to make better sure the DOJ stays off their backs.

Stupid idea ?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if a company just offers this service to the public as a courtesy. I don't know, say, a beer company or (don't laugh) a male enhancement company or a wrestling company etc. The point is, a company that appeals to the major demographic that uses online poker, young adult males, and a company that would not be hurt by a FOF-type backlash boycott. Their motive would be to increase their name recognition.

They also could ask for donations and give those to charity to make better sure the DOJ stays off their backs.

Stupid idea ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The indirect profit or even charity angle are somewhat problemative. The charity model showed a lot of promise but suffered from individual State issues among others.

D$D
Old 11-20-2007, 09:40 PM

Larry Flynt is a big poker player.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:10 PM

See my last post in this same thread in the software forum.

Things are becoming less cloudy as time goes on.

It is just a question of if and when someone can turn the open source code into a decent poker site package.

Tuff << living in interesting times