Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: hs balla, get an apartment and GRLS LDO?!

i like u man, but imo i think u should stay with ur parents till college, reach out in school if ur lonely, cuz ull only be more lonely in ur own place
Old 09-10-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am planning right now on doing it in late 07 early 08

i may be dreaming but i want 60-100k to do this

[/ QUOTE ]How did you get a roll started? I'm really jealous.

[edit] nvm saw you answered it
Old 09-10-2007, 11:06 PM

$1400 a month for an apartment for yourself is way too expensive. I lived 3 blocks from the beach in San Diego last year for $900 (with roommates).

Edit: In a very nice house near nice beaches.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[not having these things are among my biggest problems IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guaranteed that this is not true.

I would suggest your real problems, in order of likelihood are:

1. a desire to impress strangers on the internet with false tales of your poker success.
2. a complete lack of regard for your parents' 17 years of effort to feed, clothe and house your sorry a**.
3. seriously screwed up values if you are embarassed to bring people to your house.
4. extremely low self-esteem (not sure this is really a problem as it appears to be completely justified by your personality).
5. complete self-centeredness that has you living in a meh house in a meh neighborhood with struggling parents while you have $20,000 in an online poker account.

God, some people just suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, you're an idiot and have no idea what you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 PM

You are young and smart...blow that money. Pay like 1/k month plus expenses for a total of 1,250ish. Ask for a flexible lease 6-12 months and show actual cash. The hire a laundry service. then post TR.

DO it, you'll love it.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are young and smart...blow that money. Pay like 1/k month plus expenses for a total of 1,250ish. Ask for a flexible lease 6-12 months and show actual cash. The hire a laundry service. then post TR.

DO it, you'll love it.

[/ QUOTE ]
is this serious advice?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:09 AM

Can I afford it?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im currently 16 in my senior year of high school. i will be turning 17 in a few days. ive been playing holdems of the unlimited variety since february. i started at 200nl and now play 400nl. after a sick downswing and buyng a new macbook pro i have ~20k

in school ive always been kind of quiet and never really reached out to anyone. right now i live with my parents and they annoy me and worse than that i really hate my house. its not terrible but its not a place i could take a girl to (smelly annoying dogs, my parents are always home, not really that nice overall compared to kids at my private hs. its in a meh and far from great, and far from bad, neighborhood)

so i was planning on renting a $1400/mo apartment (is this enough for a nice place??) in the city overlooking water possibly. im not delusional at all and think that i should get my bankroll to at least mid five figures before embarking on an adventure like this.

some concerns of mine are:

how will my parents take it? i dont really want to worry about what people think about me and so i shouldnt care what they think. i will be moving out in a year for college anyway.

will i be able to rent a place at 17 if i pay cash up front? would i need a fake id or would even that not work?

would i be lonely?

food and furnishings and sick widescreen tv may be expensive

some of the benefits in my mind are:

freedom to do what i want when i want.

power to invite friends who have never hung out with me to my sick place for parties and other things. and improve my social life. the presence of people my own age and lack of parents who depress may actually help me feel less lonely.

i dont really hang out with people outside of school and having a place to invite people may really help. plus with my parents not around i can be looser with my friends and not worry about them invading

and ultimately i want to improve my chances of getting laid. as i said i could never take a girl to my own house so getting an apartment works well for this for privacy and a great material brag.

i know im forgetting several things so please point out any flaws and why you think this is a good idea

also, eddie vedder had is own place in hs so i should too, especially since im MUCH richer than he was

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're on the young side, and that you play 400NL, but the rest of this is so absurd I have to think you're trolling. If not, my apologies and I can offer up some advice, but where did you get these crazy notions to begin with?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 AM

when you say "crazy notions" are you just refering to the fact that im considering getting my own place at 16/17?

and no im not trolling this is really what im considering. i would appreciate any suggestions you have

honestly im leaning towards not doing it now since i think it would be way too expensive and wouldnt guarantee improvement socially anyway
Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"in school ive always been kind of quiet and never really reached out to anyone"

So getting your own apartment will fix this? How about joining some clubs or playing a sport.

"friends who have never hung out with me"

An interesting concept there. I'm guessing you might have some 'friends' come over and take advantage of your place.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT!

Turnoff the GD computer and get the [censored] out of your house a little more often. Your parents are always home and so are you! I understand you make good money playing poker online, but you need to make a decesion, play "at home" or go out and have fun, drink, party, and get laid (maybe). Either that or screw it and just wait for college to make your big social debut. I agree with another poster, go join every club that you can. Join S.A.D.D., the spanish club, the chess club, the ski club, ect... if you want to make a socail splash. If not, wait for college, and do the same thing.
Another big thing is that in high school people will MOCK you if you are a little geeky or nerdy or any of that sheet. But once you get to college, it doesn't matter. Nobody gives a damn about high school anymore.