Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

either we have proof or it's getting shut down, because I'm not about to drag half of the Absolute playerbase into this in a thread with mass media exposure where being proven wrong can potentially be a big problem. facts or nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

adanthar,

What does this statement mean? By proof can posters say 'Jim Kuhn played two tournies on AP. He won a $1 touney for $257 and he won a $500 tourney for $50,000. What do you guys think?' Personally, I think any player on AP that won a major tourney or had large cash game wins should be under review. Most would not be implicated but that is why there is a review process. JMHO

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of stuff can all go into the speculation threads.

Keep in mind that I'm being swamped from all sides right now.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's time to take all the hard evidence, put in a nice neat package and ship it to:

A) all the major news networks and newspapers with the offer to provide interviews with Nat, Josem, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Seriously, I don't know why you would want this to happen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because Absolute's strategy seems to be stonewalling/delaying until things die down, and we don't want them to succeed.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think it only happened in one tourney? I think there were several months worth of cash games and tournies that were cheated. I also have two theories on why they were caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason they were caught is because the master hh leaked. You can call Potripper's play stupid, arrogant, whatever, but the truth is, if it weren't for that leak, there would be no proof. No proof that he played perfectly postflop, no proof of 363, IP connections and the like. AP could write it off as another donk getting lucky. The cheaters would stop using Potripper when a flurry of speculation hit 2p2, but that's all it would amount to.

The cheaters could play so blatantly because AP knew about them, and had no intentions of catching them.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:58 PM

http://www.teknowave.ca/jtn/gcnortan.htm

Some background on Norton. The fact that he is CEO of MIT as well as the reported owner of AP as well as the former head of the Kahnakawe reservation. I am not implicating him in any way, but this lessens the chance of an impartial audit.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

b) the other gaming companies (over 100?) using Kahawake's servers - with a question attached: Could this happen at your site?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very misleading. MIT is just a data center. Their customers likely own the majority of the servers there. The fact that MIT exists is a good thing for US poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to make this as clear as I can.
Absolute Poker by their own statements- as well as Ultimate bet are owned by Tokwiro Enterprises.
Tokwiro Enterprises is founded/owned/controlled in some way by its founder Grand Chief Joseph Tokwiro Norton.
Norton coincidentally is praised by his community for FOUNDING the MIT campus from which the servers are hosted.

AP- owned by Tokwiro. Tokwiro directly related to the server farm. Which "customers" of theirs are we referring to?

They are auditing their own business. It doesn't matter that it's "the commission" instead of actually AP doing it in this instance.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:04 PM

Someone just leaked to me that "Scott Tom is also sptom and potjacker on UB."
Old 10-18-2007, 03:07 PM

STEAMROLLER's 2 $1000 tourney bustouts seem kinda suspicious given he was 1st out in one and 2nd out in another the HH of those 2 bust outs would be interesting.

Was he pushing a hand that he was slightly ahead expecting a fold or was he dumping chips to an accompolice. Superuser accounts probably work alot better when you start out with two times more chips than anyone else.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

b) the other gaming companies (over 100?) using Kahawake's servers - with a question attached: Could this happen at your site?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very misleading. MIT is just a data center. Their customers likely own the majority of the servers there. The fact that MIT exists is a good thing for US poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to make this as clear as I can.
Absolute Poker by their own statements- as well as Ultimate bet are owned by Tokwiro Enterprises.
Tokwiro Enterprises is founded/owned/controlled in some way by its founder Grand Chief Joseph Tokwiro Norton.
Norton coincidentally is praised by his community for FOUNDING the MIT campus from which the servers are hosted.

AP- owned by Tokwiro. Tokwiro directly related to the server farm. Which "customers" of theirs are we referring to?

They are auditing their own business. It doesn't matter that it's "the commission" instead of actually AP doing it in this instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's misleading?
We could send the evidence package to every poker/gambling site with the same question. It's certainly a fair question to ask before depositing your cash with them IMHO.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:14 PM

That he was an early bust has caused thought before.
We know the cheater takes spots he has advantages at times without regard to making sure a safe card comes. The TT vs 88 hand comes to mind for eleventy billion blinds.

It would be very interesting to see how those bustouts happened. So far nobody has come forward who was on those tables at the time.

Fox: I can't tell if you are asking me or asking the person who typed that. My reply was saying "no it isn't misleading. what's misleading is not realizing the entity in this case is both owner and customer".
Old 10-18-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh- who put the danasoft pic up for me to deal with.

fwiw. I withdrew that william mcmahon stuff right away as tenuous and with little to go on.

edit: and just to be completely clear on it- the guy in the frat was named william willis mcmahon. Not william willis.

I wish I hadnt even noted the strangeness of it at all earlier at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think there's anything wrong with posting "persons of interest" or screen names of interest to be more precise. McBill certainly deserves a look.
Closed Thread