Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/17)

You can watch the season 3 of HSP here:
http://www.veoh.com/series/HighStakesPoker3
Old 09-18-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll play you $50/$100 heads up on FullTilt any day of the week. Not wanting to brag, but since your post is implying I'm some kind of fool, let me say that I haven't had a losing heads up session on those stakes at FullTilt in more than two years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can say the same thing...of course I don't play heads up, on those stakes or have an account at FullTilt.

You can't lose if you refuse to play.

Of course, ya caint win if ya aint in.

gg
Old 09-18-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I find him [Jamie] arrogant, BAD, and thinks himself very clever when he's just plain annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arrogant??? Arrogant????!?!? Have you even read or seen just ONE Jamie interview?? Obviously not.

Bad???!!? Let's say I hold the chip lead at next year's main event for more than half the tournament and am never all-in once...If someone called me bad at poker without even playing a single hand with me, I'd make it a law to personally execute said person with a nail gun to the head.

Thinks himself clever? Ah, redundant ignorant point as you already said arrogant. Kids these days, so full of negativity. Ignorant, stupid negativity. And I don't get what's annoying about him to be honest. If anything he's extremely entertaining to watch and creates sparks at any table he plays at.

[ QUOTE ]
No-I think he things they're laughing with him not AT him.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've played with these guys before and know them all well? Then shut up with more unfounded blah. Of course they're laughing with him, they're all nice people to the core.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:27 PM

I don't like the other players laughing AT Gold (he is playing a hand asks "how much do you have left?" and the whole table starts laughing as if they where watching some comedian - WTF) and teasing Hellmuth non stop.

They laugh at Gold as trying to state that he is so outclassed at that table, and they can't figure out the odds for such standard spot? They just go like... hmmm I dunno, that was so retarded I just didn't like the show. It's so obvious they are trying to look like the tough gouys, and trying to tilt PH that I think I like a lot more to see Todd's or Laak's angleshoots.

They should think the show a little better, like having 30% good players and 70%fish/amateurs, or viceversa and alternate. But they go like switching between supertough, and megafishy tables. Allways kind of fun to see though.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:33 PM

I guess this is good for poker since it's showing the TV audience how to play NLHE like an imbecile.

Bob Safai looks like someone straight out of a 1/2 NL live game.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah Harman didn't play one

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she saw a flop about six ways with 99 and folded when two overs hit.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Although he was a laughable tell-box vs. Eli on that trip Kings hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker
Results based thinker.

This reminds me of another poster who said Matusow gave away his hand with a 100% certainty when he had the nuts and was commenting that he didn't have a bunch of hands. Heck, Doyle did the exact same thing last week on PaD and had an absolute zero. I see the same stuff at least fifty times a week.
Same goes for your post. Gold does RANDOM things. Let me repeat: RANDOM. Even he has no idea until he's saying it. If he had a flush draw you would all be saying the same thing "OMG TELL BOX LOL!!! These are not tells...Just understand how stupid you are please. Let me give you an example of a possible tell that is extremely hard to spot. Phil Ivey tends to made a funny upward head movement when he has a very weak hand immediately after he bets it. Has anyone noticed it? I've seen it around twenty times now and have never seen him do it when he has a strong hand. Now this may be a credible tell. You see, I have a control in my assumptions. You have baseless, fact-less horse-crap!! For the love of God!! HELP ME!!!

My word...what's wrong with this forum? I read through some posts and so far 90% of it is fill with utter nonsense/crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i love this guy
Old 09-18-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he'll be quoted saying that he doesn't find himself to be even a great player, but merely a good player

[/ QUOTE ]
Doyle Brunson said he wasn't even a "good" player. LOL and I happen to agree.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:33 PM

I just cannot understand how someone who is SO bad at NLHE is like the biggest shark in PLO. And what's the guess on the number of players at this table who would be able to beat 0.5/1 NL on PS for a decent winrate?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:06 PM

Give it up Veil, this crowd no likey JG.

Even if he were to win something else big...
Even if he were to become less douchey...
Even if he figures out a way to properly play poker the way everyone thinks he's just suppose to...this is a losing battle defending him.

Regarding the episode: ZOMG just great again! Entertainment-wise, not poker-wise; throw out the "books" w/ this crowd. Funny how so many of y'all dislike it when Eli/Sammy "liven-up" the game w/ their non-discipline [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Do y'all want them to sit there like Jen?

-Who was it that called the $16K reraise PF w/ K7sooted? Eli? When I saw that I burst into laughter. Only on HSP, gotta love it!

-I just hope one day I can play in a HUGE game w/ some1 like Bob Safai. No thought, snap-call w/ one pair all day. Just fantastic for the game. Plz keep him happy and coming back, you can see on his face the steam just building...

-NicksDad: What happend to/with Paul Phillips? I'm allergic to google and the search function here LOLz.