Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 12:08 PM

Default over pair on ugly board

don't have the HH so you'll have to deal with my typing it out.

so totaly lagtard raises in MP (like 65/25 and spewy) and idiot (no joke he really is an idiot) 3-bets in the HJ (he is 60/15). I have 99 on the CO, and start to fold and then realize that I most likely have the best hand, and there is just too much value being in a pot with these morons. so I cap!

so here is the action:

Hero: 9s9c

MP raises, HJ 3-bets, Heroc caps in CO, button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP calls, HJ calls.

(13.5 SB)
flop: 7d6h5d

MP checks, HJ bets, Hero raises, MP calls two cold, HJ calls.

(9.75 BB)
turn: 4c (board now 7d6h5d4c)

MP checks, HJ checks, Hero bets, they both call.

(12.75 BB)
river: 5s (board now 7d6h5d4c5s)

MP checks, HJ checks, Hero bets, MP check-raises, HJ goes all-in for his last 1.5 bets, Hero calls.

so I'm getting 17.25-1 to call the final bet, so I thought for a second and called (LDO the pot is OMGZ huge). Thought I would leave the final action out, but really it is trivial since the pot is so big.

comments on all streets.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:14 PM

Default Re: over pair on ugly board

I check behind on turn and call safe river. As played I check river. The won't fold to a turn bet and you can't fold to a c/r. Turncheck induce bluffs on river and saves money when behind.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:43 PM

why not check behind the turn? If checked to on the river I'm torn between checking/betting. Actually I like betting as many Ax types hands will call. If bet into I would just call on the river. Probably incorrect but I suck.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not check behind the turn? If checked to on the river I'm torn between checking/betting. Actually I like betting as many Ax types hands will call. If bet into I would just call on the river. Probably incorrect but I suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why I would check behind on the turn. There range includes a lot more hands I am ahead of (UI overs is a huge part of it) or a pair than behind. Plus I really don't want to give a free card to the guys with overs or a flush draw.

i can see checking on the river, because it sure looks like I'm never getting called by a worst hand, but I felt like the turn was the kind of thin value bet that needs to be made at 6max.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:26 PM

I guess I played it great! thanks for all of the comments guys [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 02:27 PM

I think Id like ur line best if the turn was a 3 or a 2, here I might ck behidn the turn... either way I dont think its all that bad vs these two tardos
Old 08-22-2007, 04:04 PM

Like pf and flop. Like the turn bet, too I think. It's tempting to check behind with our gutshot, but these guys could have all sorts of crap and I don't hate bet/calling and reevaluating on the river.

Problem with betting the river is exactly what happened. We're almost certainly screwed, and yet we'll talk ourselves into a call because the pot is large and both Villains are spastic. I think I check behind. MP probably has a draw or a monster after cc'ing flop and not raising a scary turn. HJ probably has a piece. Maybe A7 or something. Though he might be taking a shot on the flop with overs, or have slowed down with TT/JJ given how much action you're giving (sometimes these guys know enough to slow down).

I hope it's not results oriented, but I suggest a check behind.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:18 PM

I agree with this.

With your gutshot on the turn its closer to a check since you will forego more equity in the pot when you fold if you had, say, JJ. If you had JJ it would be a very easy turn b/f, a bet i see a lot of players miss btw.

The river is spew. I check behind and as played I think its a pretty easy laydown.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:11 PM

well the MP turned over AJo, and the HJ had A6o, so MHIG and I rake the whole freaking pot.

but I thought at the time after I got c/r'd that I should have just checked behind on the river. Despite the fact that I got another 4.5BB out of it, I agree with you guys that I should be checking behind on this river.

EDIT: and no I'm not giving out these idiots SNs. But seriously, who let the blufftards out of their cages this week? I've seen more awful river and turn bluffs in my last two sessions than I remember seeing in the past month.