Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Questions for Hoss_TBF

3RD barrel is Nick Shulman, everyone knows that.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 AM

Thanks everyone, got most of the good questions in. Show will be up by Tuesday.

Tuco.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:15 AM

Faaaaaaaaaaaawk, I wanted to ask his thoughts on the TLK hand.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played with him a bunch in the 50k HORSE. I thought he played really well. Ask him about that maybe? How old is he btw? Nice guy. I got to know him during the ante up for africa tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many times did he knock you out?

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes i get tired of these, but this was fantastic.

A freaking +
Old 08-27-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played with him a bunch in the 50k HORSE. I thought he played really well. Ask him about that maybe? How old is he btw? Nice guy. I got to know him during the ante up for africa tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING!

[/ QUOTE ]
It takes a pretty good ZJ joke to make me laugh anymore, but this one is unexpected, thus hilarious
Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZING!

[/ QUOTE ]
It takes a pretty good ZJ joke to make me laugh anymore, but this one is unexpected, thus hilarious

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-27-2007, 03:44 PM

Here is the hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #928921427: Table Tiger (heads up) - $500/$1000 - Limit Hold'em - 23:43:26 ET - 2006/08/23
Seat 1: eastsideslim ($113,579)
Seat 2: TexasLimitKing ($53,004)
TexasLimitKing posts the small blind of $250
eastsideslim posts the big blind of $500
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
TexasLimitKing raises to $1,000
eastsideslim calls $500
*** FLOP *** [Qc 2d 6h]
eastsideslim checks
TexasLimitKing bets $500
eastsideslim raises to $1,000
helstock (Observer): slim u r sick
TexasLimitKing calls $500
*** TURN *** [Qc 2d 6h] [Qs]
eastsideslim bets $1,000
TexasLimitKing calls $1,000
helstock (Observer): killing tex
*** RIVER *** [Qc 2d 6h Qs] [6d]
eastsideslim bets $1,000
*** SHOW DOWN ***
eastsideslim shows [3s 3d] (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
TexasLimitKing shows [4d 4c] (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
TexasLimitKing wins the pot ($7,999.50) with two pair, Queens and Sixes

Here are my thoughts:

My order of preference for this river is: raise, fold, replace my lettuce leaves with $100 bills and toss them up with a few croutons, a splash of raspberry vinaigrette and maybe some Prosciutto (for flare).
TLK’s river play is a game theoretic disaster. For this board, He’s at the very bottom of his distribution. When I'm at the bottom of my distribution on any given river, I bluff. I have soooooo many A-high and K-high hands in my distribution on the river because the top card paired on the turn, and now I'm calling with all A and K highs on this river, so I'm very comfortable with my calling distribution. However, if I have a super strong read that the guy's river play is really imbalanced towards bluff hands, I may choose to exploit by calling more liberally. The most effective (and least counter-exploitable) method to exploit, however, is to change how I would play my marginal hands. Here, my marginal hands are counterfeited deuces with a medium kicker (J2, T2s . . .). In theory, I could call the river with these hands but my opponent would have to be playing pretty far out of line for me to try to exploit in this manner. He should hold far more bluffing hands here than just threes, stuff like 54, 53, 43 and 87s, all of which prompt me to hit caps lock and type DOHHH MISCLICK.
The borderline hands stand to gain a lot of value through proper exploitive play, but making enormo-laydowns or silly calls is generally very costly.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is the hand:

Full Tilt Poker Game #928921427: Table Tiger (heads up) - $500/$1000 - Limit Hold'em - 23:43:26 ET - 2006/08/23
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
eastsideslim calls $500
*** FLOP *** [Qc 2d 6h]
eastsideslim checks
TexasLimitKing bets $500
eastsideslim bets $1,000
eastsideslim bets $1,000
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Here are my thoughts:

My order of preference for this river is: raise, fold, replace my lettuce leaves with $100 bills and toss them up with a few croutons, a splash of raspberry vinaigrette and maybe some Prosciutto (for flare).
TLK’s river play is a game theoretic disaster. For this board, He’s at the very bottom of his distribution. When I'm at the bottom of my distribution on any given river, I bluff. I have soooooo many A-high and K-high hands in my distribution on the river because the top card paired on the turn, and now I'm calling with all A and K highs on this river, so I'm very comfortable with my calling distribution. However, if I have a super strong read that the guy's river play is really imbalanced towards bluff hands, I may choose to exploit by calling more liberally. The most effective (and least counter-exploitable) method to exploit, however, is to change how I would play my marginal hands. Here, my marginal hands are counterfeited deuces with a medium kicker (J2, T2s . . .). In theory, I could call the river with these hands but my opponent would have to be playing pretty far out of line for me to try to exploit in this manner. He should hold far more bluffing hands here than just threes, stuff like 54, 53, 43 and 87s, all of which prompt me to hit caps lock and type DOHHH MISCLICK.
The borderline hands stand to gain a lot of value through proper exploitive play, but making enormo-laydowns or silly calls is generally very costly.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO anyone who believes this is anything other than a misclick or a misread board is pretty dumb...
Old 08-27-2007, 03:48 PM

^^^^^^^ you sir understand poker. and was sick play at final table of million.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is the hand:

The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
eastsideslim calls $500
*** FLOP *** [Qc 2d 6h]
eastsideslim checks
TexasLimitKing bets $500
eastsideslim bets $1,000
eastsideslim bets $1,000
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Here are my thoughts:

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO anyone who believes this is anything other than a misclick or a misread board is pretty dumb...

[/ QUOTE ]

why did this idiot have to post before me?