Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 02:11 AM

Default Top Chef 8/08

Quick thoughts

- I thought this challenge was pretty exploitive

1- the whole "going out LOL PSYCHE" thing didn't serve any purpose beyond [censored] with their heads. I'm not really sure if the tension needs to be escalated any further

2- It's a pretty simple fact that guys, even in club wear, can easily transition to the kitchen, but a girl dressed for clubbing on Miami Beach may not be wearing something that's even safe to cook in those conditions. If I was Sara or Casey, I'd at best feel it was slightly unfair and at worse exploited.

- Casey in ponytail and hoody >>>>>>>>>> dressed up Casey. Her makeup made her look horrible. Really wear.

- I can't really disagree with the choice to send Sara N. home, but I think that Howey might have been the better choice. A big part of being a chef is being a leader, and he can't do it, less because of attitude and more because he has zero big picture thinking.

- Hung's wings looked nasty. I like a nice breading on a swing, but those at least appeared to be kinda dry and nasty.

= What was with the random Coldstone vixen at the start? Also, that challenge kinda blows if the people who do pretty basic stuff are going to win. Also wtf @ not showing more than half the dishes. The whole way that segement was produced was like "yeah dude, Dale's going to win this, don't bother watching".

- Brian and his fish and what I assume to be the Oceanaire menu are on a Ilan like path.

- lol @ CJ ragging on Brian. CJ is funny, but also seems like potentially a bit of a passive/agressive d-bag.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Top Chef 8/08

Did anyone else notice this gem?

"I know about the team dynamic because I played Boggle professionally for three years"

ZOMG WTF !?!?!

ps. both of the Saras need to go go plz plz.

pps. curse you and your thread making that's 1 second faster than mine.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Did anyone else notice this gem?

"I know about the team dynamic because I played Boggle professionally for three years"

ZOMG WTF !?!?!

ps. both of the Saras need to go go plz plz.

pps. curse you and your thread making that's 1 second faster than mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt knwo peggy hill was on top chef.

and lol....dids eats deep fried swings.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:22 AM

I'm not sure if you're leveling, but it's volleyball.

The only professional boggle player I know is GoT, and he was taken in a confidence scheme involving a masked man.

I can't believe nobody on the east coast started this thread.

Sara M. bothers me for totally aesthetic reasons so I feel unfair rooting against her. Also, that dress made her look just nasty.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:46 AM

Hung has really taken a dive lately. Cauliflower foam? Yeah dude, you lost just because it was too upscale.

I think it was kinda BS that Dale didn't even have to participate in the elimination challenge. Then Tre gets a [censored] cookbook for winning?

I don't understand why people even pay attention to Howie. They know he's a dick and won't make any effort to cooperate with anyone, so just ignore him.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:48 AM

The gifts are given by the Guest Chefs, and some of them are cheap [censored].

I think the biggest reason Dale didn't participate is that they wanted 4 on 4 chef action.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:13 AM

He also got like mastercard or soemthing that could be used at any Nikki Beach club in the world
Old 08-09-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sara M. bothers me for totally aesthetic reasons so I feel unfair rooting against her. Also, that dress made her look just nasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that dress looked hot on her. I had trouble hearing what she was saying as my eyes were way too transfixed on her cleave. Yum. All I could think of when she was shopping was taking her down the produce aisle, bending her over a crate, putting some chocolate with peanuts on her naked back, top it with whipped cream and bang the hell out of her.

b
Old 08-09-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They know he's a dick and won't make any effort to cooperate with anyone, so just ignore him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a big Howie fan, but it seems when he does cooperate, like letting them put ice in the shakes, they screw it up.

Not real cool how he's so quick to throw people under the bus and always put it off as someone elses fault. I thought it was pretty classless what he did to Sara at the judges table. But who knows how much editing played the part in making him look like a douche. I'll have to read the blogs.

b
Old 08-09-2007, 06:08 AM

Default oops. my comment above were for Sara N, not M

The asian hottie.

b