Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Starting An Online Poker Room

Is there something specific about your idea that could be protected by IP law to prevent other players from just mimicking your innovation?

Concepts are actually pretty hard to protect but not impossible.
----

Not sure if Dragon's Den is Canada only but that would be entertaining.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:15 PM

well it would be the first with the concept and would attract a lot of initial customers
Old 10-28-2007, 12:15 AM

just tell us the idea

look the reality is that you are not going to come up with a million dollars to implement your idea, and nobody is going to invest in you because all you have is an idea, and ideas are worth jack

if you really want you should create a website about your idea, then if you are lucky somebody like pokerstars might steal your idea, then you can put that in your resume and maybe parlay that into a consulting gig or something, or then maybe people will fund your next big idea
Old 10-28-2007, 12:58 AM

ok. ideas are worth more than squat but i might as well.

a site called No Rake Poker.

It would not charge any rake to players. It would act as an internet wholesale store. Instead of players paying rake they will be forced to spend the equivalent amount of rake they would have lost in our store. We would offer all types of items that people would want. The site makes money because they pay wholesale prices on everything and are selling for the same prices as the market value, but they get a much better deal and are going to sell mass quanity. Also, the site could have companies advertise. For instance a 5-10 NL Redbull table where the table skin is the redbull logo. The store would get a lot of business because when people won big hands they could just buy somehting with their chips and get it shipped to their house. If you could use your online poker chips to buy things without the hassle of withdrawing would you? What do you guys think? Watch its gonna get stolen and im gonna be kicking myself
Old 10-28-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok. ideas are worth more than squat but i might as well.

a site called No Rake Poker.

It would not charge any rake to players. It would act as an internet wholesale store. Instead of players paying rake they will be forced to spend the equivalent amount of rake they would have lost in our store. We would offer all types of items that people would want. The site makes money because they pay wholesale prices on everything and are selling for the same prices as the market value, but they get a much better deal and are going to sell mass quanity. Also, the site could have companies advertise. For instance a 5-10 NL Redbull table where the table skin is the redbull logo. The store would get a lot of business because when people won big hands they could just buy somehting with their chips and get it shipped to their house. If you could use your online poker chips to buy things without the hassle of withdrawing would you? What do you guys think? Watch its gonna get stolen and im gonna be kicking myself

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the bastard child of rakeback and old time company stores. I'm absolutely shocked that this tarded OP has ended with an even more tarded business plan. I only responded for quoting as this is too good to allow an edit. Stay in school please.

J
Old 10-28-2007, 01:39 AM

whats so retarded? sites that don't charge get money. ex. myspace, facebook, ect. would you rather lose rake all together or be forced to spend it all on tangeble sp? goods
Old 10-28-2007, 02:11 AM

Looks like someone just stole your idea!
http://www.rakefree.com/

However, they haven't implemented buying products at wholesale prices yet. Maybe you can help them out with this?

I think they are having some problems with convincing US companies to affiliate themselves with online gambling.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:12 AM

relax there bud the guy's floating an idea.

CoolWave I like it, everything else has advertisements all over the place so why not poker, right [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Even better if it brings in the fishys
Old 10-28-2007, 04:15 AM

If you want to have a laugh go to rakefree.com then go to investor relations and download their business plan.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:13 AM

I'll try some constructive criticism. I have learned that unless you are directly involved in the field your idea pertains to, most of your ideas won't worked. Party/Pokerstars would have long ago employed these marketing techniques if they had believed it would help gain market share. Like I mentioned, I don't believe US companies are legally allowed to buy advisement space on poker sites. Your second source seems to be from reselling products. You need to get tons of volume to get good wholesale prices. The only way to make a profit would be to markup these items not discount them. Most people would rather get cash (rakeback) so they could gamble some more with it and/or purchase products from ebay/amazon/pricegrabber.