Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: AA getting cracked on PokerStars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think that it might be easier to win the powerball lottery than win a hand by pushing all-in preflop on PokerStars with AA or KK? I think I've lost enough consecutive times with AA and KK to consider it a mathematical impossibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

My last three times on pokerstars that I had pocket Kings someone had pocket Aces and busted me (as they should). What are the odds that someone has AA when you have KK. And what are the odds three times in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat srs answer, I've heard it's like once in every 23 hands your dealt kings, someone will have aces. So that's like what? 60/40? Fold preflop.

patternmapper ftw.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 AM

I don't get AA so I wouldn't know how to lose with them
Old 10-25-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think that it might be easier to win the powerball lottery than win a hand by pushing all-in preflop on PokerStars with AA or KK? I think I've lost enough consecutive times with AA and KK to consider it a mathematical impossibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

My last three times on pokerstars that I had pocket Kings someone had pocket Aces and busted me (as they should). What are the odds that someone has AA when you have KK. And what are the odds three times in a row?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somewhat srs answer, I've heard it's like once in every 23 hands your dealt kings, someone will have aces. So that's like what? 60/40? Fold preflop.

patternmapper ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

You get KK or AA around once every 220 hands. At a 10 man ring game then it should happen ~ every 22 hands. So wouldn't the odds for 3 in a row be 1/22*1/22*1/22 ~ .00009 or .009%. Guess this the wrong forum, sorry.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In before someone says something smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't hold your breath
Old 10-25-2007, 10:27 AM

Beeks,

Remember one thing about getting AA in preflop and losing on PokerStars....if this is happening and you are consistently pulling a negative in that "win/loss" column on PokerTracker then you should really move down or seek coaching as soon as possible.

Because let's face it, if you get it all in with the nuts and "lose", which I have a great knack for doing, then, hey, you are a "losing player"--of which it looks like you are.

If you are a losing player, and it really doesn't matter how you get there (be it getting your hands in good every SINGLE time, getting your hands better every SINGLE time, or getting it in good half the time) then you should seek coaching, because that's the fast track way to winning. Paying $450/hour can supposedly have aces hold all in preflop, so you should look into that.

Remember the tried and true statement that I've finally learned around here, "You make your own luck."
Old 10-25-2007, 10:43 AM

first
Old 10-25-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beeks,

Remember one thing about getting AA in preflop and losing on PokerStars....if this is happening and you are consistently pulling a negative in that "win/loss" column on PokerTracker then you should really move down or seek coaching as soon as possible.

Because let's face it, if you get it all in with the nuts and "lose", which I have a great knack for doing, then, hey, you are a "losing player"--of which it looks like you are.

If you are a losing player, and it really doesn't matter how you get there (be it getting your hands in good every SINGLE time, getting your hands better every SINGLE time, or getting it in good half the time) then you should seek coaching, because that's the fast track way to winning. Paying $450/hour can supposedly have aces hold all in preflop, so you should look into that.

Remember the tried and true statement that I've finally learned around here, "You make your own luck."

[/ QUOTE ]

Fgators dont hate the world bcause it pwns you. Sarcasm detected, Cmon FG this is BBV, SRS BIZ PLZ
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM

I feel your pain. A week or so ago I went on a terrible bad beat run of SNGs. I lost AA to 44 three straiht times... lost KK to 88 twice, had AA all in preflop against QQ I made my set and he gutshot a T for a straight and had two other times I made sets and lost to gutshots. I was knocked out of everyone one of the SNGS or crippled with those hands. I dont know what it is but big pairs get cracked alot on pokerstars.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:39 PM

Posting after someone with less posts than me.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:43 PM

Beeks with 17 posts in 3 years... impressive. Now back to the topic:

[ ] cared
[x] poster needs a tissue