Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 12:18 AM

Default It\'s been real (NC obv.)

WARNING TO ALL PARTIES: THIS POST IS BORING AND NOT ABOUT POKER

Wook feel free to lock this if it's too NC, but send me an IM or something so I can repost in NC thread.

I'm reasonably certain it's clear by now that I've checked out of 2p2, but I wanted to drop by and say a few words. I'm not departing for good, but I'm busy with a number of other important (and unimportant) real-life things and just not that interested in poker at present, so you can expect the hiatus to continue for the foreseeable future.

I've learned a great deal about poker from posting in the micros. My advice to n00bs is to just keep posting your thoughts so as to get into discussions with the more experienced posters, who will probably treat you roughly, but definitely hook you up with some poker skills. That, and not to try one-upping bozlax, because his combination of grumpiness and intelligence makes him one of the most dreaded foes on the whole Internet.

Anyway, while I'm certainly not the best known or most advanced player on this forum, I hope I've made some contribution to it in my own way throughout the past year, which comprised my tenure of posting regularly and seriously on 2p2. Now, in case any of you care, let me explain a bit my reasons for quitting:

1.) I'm trying to focus more on real-life goals, like getting into law schools and such, and playing poker and reading 2p2 were just taking up way too much of my time. I generally did a poor job staying focussed last year, and poker and such aided in that distraction. That said, meeting those of y'all who I met was awesome, and I'm very glad to have been a part of some fun trips to Foxwoods.

SIDE NOTE: If any of y'all want to talk about life goals and such as it relates to poker, I'm always around (and would appreciate help). Shoot me an e-mail at drmodern@gmail.com or IM me at lotus02b.

2.) I've somewhat lost interest in playing poker. As we all know, the variance in the game is high. I'm a mostly broke college graduate and so either 1.) have to play such low stakes that the money doesn't matter or 2.) risk dropping more money than I can really afford, both of which suck when you don't find poker that entertaining per se--no financial reward for a lot of time doing something only moderately entertaining, or too much risk to be worthwhile.
(Better money management is another of my new life goals.)

Anyway, I just wanted to take some time to thank those who've made significant contributions to my poker development or who are entertaining, intelligent, and otherwise cool people who make this forum what it is. Much love to:

BigBadBabar
TehPokarKing
Dr. Matt (Str8Donk)
MrWookie
DavidC
Befolder
bbbushu
Threads13
Scary_Tiger
Aaron W.
Shillx
Xhad
bozlax
bravos1

Keep it real, y'all!
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Graduate Modern
Old 07-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: It\'s been real (NC obv.)

Dude, at least give us a blurb about what you're doing instead.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:29 AM

Understandable reasons for leaving and you will be missed man. It's cool to see people who have grown a lot while I've stayed at about the same level [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Many fond returns good sir, may this road treat you well.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:30 AM

DM,

Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors! You have a good head on your shoulders and you'll excel at whatever you put your mind to.

IM me if you need anything or just want to say "What it do?" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Cya around
Old 07-12-2007, 12:38 AM

Good Luck in life.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:39 AM

gg gl.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, at least give us a blurb about what you're doing instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

I graduated from Wesleyan last May, which was a total blast, though it's kinda weird being away from all my friends at school and knowing I may not see some of them, like, ever.

Right now I'm in Savannah, GA, from whence I hails, y'all. My mother was offered an N.E.H. (National Endowment for the Humanities for you math/science nerds, foreigners, whatever) fellowship in Ireland for the summer and so needed someone to "house-sit" while she was away. So, I get hooked up with a mostly free totally pimpin' house in da dirty souf for the Summer, which I gladly took.

I'm working at, of all things for a philosophy major, a computer science department at the local university. I mostly do simple Web programming and updates, along with some miscellaneous help-out-around-the-office type B.S. It's a pretty easy job and I often have free time to just sort of loaf around, and/or take 2.5-hour lunch breaks, which involve drinking beer and playing Wii tennis.

Needless to say, I'm having all kinds of crazy parties at my house. I made up a new drinking game called "shark bowl" last weekend, which ended up being a total disaster, but at least it was fun. There've been lots of antics with some of my old friends and coworkers, which is great. Regrettably there are almost no date-able girls around, and the local bar scene seems invariably (and strangely) occupied largely by couples.

The plan for next fall is to do AmeriCorps (which is like the Peace Corps, only domestic) in, of all needy places, Cape Cod (lol). It's mostly an environmental clean-up/save-the-whales type deal, but it should be fun, will def. look good on the old resume, and I actually think that stuff is pretty important.

IM sometimes if you want to know more, Wookster (or anyone else).
Old 07-12-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Understandable reasons for leaving and you will be missed man. It's cool to see people who have grown a lot while I've stayed at about the same level [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Many fond returns good sir, may this road treat you well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks man,

Sorry I forgot to include you in the list of cool people on this forum who've helped me out, as you're definitely one of them.

There's probably like a zillion others I've forgotten, so apologies in advance.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:45 AM

ship it son, dis sho has been good. we keep in touch all the time, no lie, you know this.

ba-bar.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:47 AM

Dude where else would a New England gangsta like yourself go for Americorps? If I don't get down to the GA this summer we'll definitely ship it crucial on the Cape next year. I'll bring the raw tea and finger sandwiches.