Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

Is anybody else expecting that if Ron Paul doesnt get the Republican ticket that he will run as a Libertarian?

I know he mentioned I believe on the Daily Show that though he has run as a Libertarian in the past, the only way to really get into a debate in our political system is to run as a republican.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anybody else expecting that if Ron Paul doesnt get the Republican ticket that he will run as a Libertarian?

I know he mentioned I believe on the Daily Show that though he has run as a Libertarian in the past, the only way to really get into a debate in our political system is to run as a republican.

[/ QUOTE ]

He would do better to run as an Independent. Libertarians are seen as kooks by the mainstream. But thanks to the laws regarding campaigning that are designed to maintain a two (well really one) party system, it takes a lot of time and money to get on ballots with a different party. Dems and Reps get on for much less money and much fewer signatures. He would have to spend all his time just to get on ballots and have less time to actually campaign.

At least that is what he said to me on Sunday. (Saw him at an FFF.org conference). But, you never know. He didn't completely rule it out.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He would do better to run as an Independent. Libertarians are seen as kooks by the mainstream. But thanks to the laws regarding campaigning that are designed to maintain a two (well really one) party system, it takes a lot of time and money to get on ballots with a different party. Dems and Reps get on for much less money and much fewer signatures. He would have to spend all his time just to get on ballots and have less time to actually campaign.

At least that is what he said to me on Sunday. (Saw him at an FFF.org conference). But, you never know. He didn't completely rule it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the advantage of going Libertarian. They would do all the work to get on ballots for him.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:27 AM

As an anarchist is it okay for me to donate to Paul and put a bumper sticker on my car?
Old 06-06-2007, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As an anarchist is it okay for me to donate to Paul and put a bumper sticker on my car?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think so. Borodog runs the 2+2 anarchist chapter and he changed his freaking name.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I just watched the Ron Paul stuff from Bill Maher and I didn't think the media made him seem like a lunatic at all. He had a lot of interesting ideas, Bill Maher gave him a chance to explain them all, made a few jokes, but overall, Paul's points were very clear and understandable, and reasonable as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm... Bill Maher did nothing but launch ridiculous personal attacks the whole time. He avoided actually talking about issues and dwelled on the Civil War thing, something that happened generations ago and has no actual bearing on real world politics today.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think this that was harsh, you should see British political journalism, esp Jeremy Paxman on newsnight. It dosnt matter what political stripe you are (though he will be more harsh on you in you are in power or hold a position of responsibility)Jeremy will tear into you like a rotwieler, its not uncommon for MPs and Ministers to walk out of interviews. He basically asks a question, and if the MP dosnt answer or hand waves, he just repeats the question more aggressively.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:04 PM

http://www.ihateronpaul.com
Old 06-06-2007, 01:08 PM

Also, Ron Paul's website recently had a redesign and has a lot of video links on the front page.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
Old 06-06-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wifey's best work yet:

Why Big L Libertarians Should Support Ron Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if it's her best but I watched a few of her other videos and have been inspired to order a crate of those Ron Paul T-shirts from CafePress [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wifey's best work yet:

Why Big L Libertarians Should Support Ron Paul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if it's her best but I watched a few of her other videos and have been inspired to order a crate of those Ron Paul T-shirts from CafePress [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was excellent work as well. Those shirts look great wadded up on the floor, by the way.