Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Tilting away half my BR

So I've been playing on Stars for a while, becoming a regular at the 25PLO and 50PLO. I play for a while and play fairly standard, and then I just get these hands that just break me, and afterwards I'll just go on the worst tilt - basically being hyper-agr. This alone stops me from moving up. I'll jsut go on a nice run and net ~200, and then in 2 hours I'll just tilt so badly - esp to the a player who keeps giving me these bad beats.

I'll get the money in on the turn with the best of it and a card to come, have the person drawing to at best a flush draw or the board to pair, and at worst a 2 outer to hit their over pair to make a FH. How do you stop yourself from doing this? Here's an example of what I"m talking about. I just need help from controlling my tilt. I know, I should walk away, but whenever I do, 20 min later I go back b.c I know I should be able to take this kid down, and play super agr, even though I know I'm beat.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.50 BB (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

MP ($17.70)
Hero ($74.45)
Button ($76.40)
SB ($61.55)
BB ($90.35)
UTG ($9.55)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50, MP calls $1.50.

Flop: ($10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls $8, MP folds.

Turn: ($26) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $24.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $80.35</font>, Hero calls $39.70 (All-In).

River: ($170.80) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $170.80

Abruzzi has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

As I wrote this I've thought about this some, I steam really easily when a player calls a pot bet with nothing but a draw on the turn sucks out on the river. Any suggestions on pushing out the drawing hands in SSPLO?
Old 04-17-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Tilting away half my BR

Isn't a lot of Omaha drawing though? Asking how to push people off draws is akin to asking how to get someone to fold AK preflop to a single preflop standard raise in NLHE.

Unless they have a strong draw, they probably aren't folding to your pot size bets. Strong as in wrap + flush and not just one or the other.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:54 PM

That's right. If I'm in a race post flop, that's 1 thing. I'm talking post turn all ins with the draw. I feel like this is more like saying AK should fold on a flop he completely missed. At the turn in Omaha you know how the hand's shaping up.

For example in NLH do you fold a flush draw on the turn to a big bet?
Old 04-17-2007, 06:01 PM

He had the exact same hand as you right when you got it all in. You can't fault him for getting it all in here right? He just got extremely lucky on the river.

Tilting is so hard. Stop, take a break, smoke a cigarette or something, do some yoga (do whatever you can to calm down). If you know you can't control yourself you have to do something else for a little while. You have to think of it like in the long run if these idiots continue to make these plays I am winning for sure. I just started playing omaha, maybe this is just a bad game for you because isn't the varience in omaha huge???
Old 04-17-2007, 06:43 PM

Uh no he did not have the same hand. OP had trip 7's with an ace kicker and the villian had trip 7's with a king kicker. The pair of 5's on the board does not play until the river when the third five makes the villain five's full of kings, while the op's hand has not improved.

As for the OP, I have had some of the same problems before. Yesterday I was stuck 10 buy-ins after about 3 hours of play, all of it legit. Thankfully I wasn't in a tilty mood and managed to win back 8 before I went to bed. Typically the best tilt cure for me is to get out of the house, eat something (I am hypoglycemic, your mileage may vary) and just spend some time away from the computer.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions on pushing out the drawing hands in SSPLO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. You can't, so don't bother. Seriously. They're going to keep calling your bets so you need to keep betting for value. Keep betting so they make incorrect calls, but don't expect them to stop chasing.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 PM

people who tilt easily shouldn't play PLO...
Old 04-17-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people who tilt easily shouldn't play PLO...

[/ QUOTE ]

or if they do, use bulletproof monitors?
Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 AM

Try limit O/8 perhaps...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try limit O/8 perhaps...

[/ QUOTE ]

no