Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: outing lent53

[ QUOTE ]

i'd also like to say that i've disconnected in some pretty sketchy spots myself in the past, even had people email support complaining about it. if it's a one time or even a two time thing, i don't think its conclusive proof. that being said, if the guy has done this tons of times, it's time to do something about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The exact same thing happened to me recently and the support has emailed me a warning regarding DP abuse. I got upset: 1) the player was a semi-regular(I'm a regular on the site for over an year). 2) the site has a proven history of crashing.

The next time it happened to me, I asked the player(not the one who complained originally) if he felt I did it intentionally, I will return his monies. As you said, one should consider giving the player benefit of doubt at least a couple of times. But, if he has a proven history of doing this, there is NO excuse at all.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:17 AM

http://www.cardrunners.com/members/forum...ge=1#Post181956

i xposted at cardrunners. im not gonna wage a huge campaign and im pretty much done with the situation. enough ppl read this forum and the cr forum that his reputations should take a bit of a hit from this. that was my only goal.

well, i guess i wanna note that, imo, its a bit worse when you consider that im a fairly large loser in those games, lent53 is no doubt a better player, yet he still resorts to cheating to milk that last little bit. i suppose, in the end, thats what pissed me off the most.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:04 AM

He replied on CR:
[ QUOTE ]
hey guys,
I am really suprised that something like this is even being posted up.
I mean before taking judgements, are you guys even looking at the hand?
I would never even CONSIDER calling a bet like that on the river.
It bothers me because its not even like this was a tough situation or marginal spot, because its not.
I regularly use a wireless connection and stuff happens.
personally, I have had this done to me many times on UB as people are claiming and I hate it.
Especially at times like this, I wish UB did not even have this feature because now it makes me look awful.
And if other people have other hand histories as Taylor said then please post them up.
I personally dont want this to affect what the cardrunners members think of me, and i hope i can continue to contribute here.
Thanks

Len

[/ QUOTE ]

The diconnection move is despicable, but one hand isn't enough to convince me. Where are the other HH's if he has a long history of doing this?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That guy has a loooooooooong history of that. Pretty outrageous UB hasn't banned him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please post some HHs that verify his long history of abusing DP protection.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That guy has a loooooooooong history of that. Pretty outrageous UB hasn't banned him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please post some HHs that verify his long history of abusing DP protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it's fairly irresponsible to post that without posting hand histories to back it up. And I realize that getting the HH is a bit of a pain. You should be able to have PT dump all your HHs into a folder and use windows to search for "Lent53 goes all-in (disconnected)" though. I'm assume that this is the text the HH always uses. You could search the DB directly but this is slightly more complicated.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so he plays bad too?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so he plays bad too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya that comment seemed very odd/suspicious. This looks like just about as good a spot as any to disconnect.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:58 AM

To annoying to PT UB
Old 10-28-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys,
we emailed len to see what the problem is. i've played with him a lot and never had an experience like that before. obviously, if someone is cheating, then we wouldn't be posting videos from him or associating with him. i'd encourage people to post HH's of other examples as well.

i'd also like to say that i've disconnected in some pretty sketchy spots myself in the past, even had people email support complaining about it. if it's a one time or even a two time thing, i don't think its conclusive proof. that being said, if the guy has done this tons of times, it's time to do something about it.

thanks,
tc

[/ QUOTE ]I'm with taylor. Haven't had a problem with him and have played a ton of hands with him. Probably just bad timing.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:23 PM

i guess one hh isn't inconclusive proof to prove he was cheating, but geez lol @ all the posts defending him adamantly. If you are going to say there is no conclusive evidence he was cheating and that we're all witchunting over here, then there is DEFINITELY no evidence that he is completely innocent. That is just insanely naive. On paper, this looks blatant and awful because it's really a genuine tough spot.

I think this issue really depends on if he's done this in the past. If it really is a problem for him I would really like to see someone post up a hand where it's like a 4 bb limped blinds pot and have him disconnect with like 73o on a AKQ board when someone bets. This would more or less validate that he has discon problems, at least more than we know currently. But if someone posts up another hand where he discons with the nut flush on a paired board when his opp can easily have a boat, then I'm pretty sure we should just burn him at the stake for blatantly cheating.
Closed Thread