Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Re: 2007 Foxwoods WPF Thread/Roll Call/Information

I'm disgusted over missing most events this time around (I played almost every one in April at FW, though I was upstaged pretty easily when my wife won the Ladies Event). But we've got a family illness kind of situation going on,,, and I have to miss most/all of it this time around.

If anyone hasn't gone up yet and doesn't know how they run things, I'd love to live vicariously through someone else and hand off any player info on some of the regulars (unbelievably bad) and formats there.

Tip 1 is to play the Act 3's (the 1k satellite into the 10k ME) every evening, whenever possible. They are HUGELY +EV, as the quality of play is just TERRIBLE, and there's alot of superscared money. Once you've got your ticket to the ME, you get to keep the 10k if you qualify again in the Act3 (5k cash and 5k lammers which are as good as cash). You can do this an unlimited number of times, if you wish.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I worry about registering for the 1k --> 10k NL events ahead of time, or will I be able to register on the day of each event? I noticed there are field size limits...but I'm also afraid of registering for events I won't be able to play in [due to still being involved in the previous day's tournament.]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:55 PM

Please keep the tips coming.

Some random questions:

1. Are there 1 table satellites for smaller events (3k 5k etc.)?

2. Are there food comps?

3. What are the best cheap places to stay (not necessarily at FW but near)?

4. Wait times for the lowest limit limit games (my dad will be there part of the time)? Do they spread 2-4 limit?

5. I've been to FW but not in a few years, and never for a tourney, any major tourney rule differences vs LV?

6. Good ethnic restaurants (especially Indian) around?

Anyone can feel free to answer any or all.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please keep the tips coming.

Some random questions:

2. Are there food comps?

4. Wait times for the lowest limit limit games (my dad will be there part of the time)? Do they spread 2-4 limit?

5. I've been to FW but not in a few years, and never for a tourney, any major tourney rule differences vs LV?

Anyone can feel free to answer any or all.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past:

1)Yes, and sng's that pay 3 spots.
2)Points off Wampam card, and food ticket if make dinner break of tourny.
3) Best to stay there in Cedar Tree, don't know bout off site
4)Don't know about 2-4 but 3-6, 5-10, 10-20 20-40 and 50-100 and above durring tourny time.
5) No
6) Go to Cedars for a Steak
Old 10-10-2007, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There were last year. If you're interested at all in the 10k, they started a new 1k winner-take-all SnG for entrance into that (but it hasnt really filled up yet - though I expect it to during the earlier events).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a new place nearby with nice new rooms, flatscreen tv's, etc. It's called the Bellisimo Grande, and it's pretty cheap (100ish for a nice room).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They do spread 2-4 limit. The waits during tourney time can be brutal.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In Westerly (about 20 minutes away), there's some great ones: Senor Flacos (authentic Mexican), and a a great Thai place (forgot name) around the corner.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:59 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. I like the idea of 3 player paying sit and gos.

The one time I went I remembered brutal wait times for almost all limit games.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 AM

4)Don't know about 2-4 but 3-6, 5-10, 10-20 20-40 and 50-100 and above durring tourny time.

I've never seen 3-6 limt at Foxwoods. That used to be the smallest LHE game at Mohegan. FW spreads 2-4 and 4-8 limit. The 4-8 really is only marginally less fishy than the 2-4 and the rake is nowhere near as brutal.

The 5-10 is full kill at $100.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:01 PM

I need to travel to NYC for a meeting on that Monday. If time permitted, I'll take a few days off and play the ME.

I haven't visited FW for 5 years, can't wait to be there again.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as already said, no, but you can play SnGs for seats into the main event, and when you have already won your first seat you get 5k cash, 5k tournament entry fees, which is as good as a sat for the others

[ QUOTE ]

2. Are there food comps?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, as said the wampum card (card you must have to register for tourneys) collects points base don how much you play and yo ucan redeem points for food.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends what you mean by best. Bellisimo Grande is the current recommended alternative, a little cheaper than Foxwoods hotels. Hilltop is right next to BG, but no cheaper than BG and kind of crappy (in comparison to BG). There are LOTS of lodges/B&Bs around the area. That may not sound like ideal for a poker trip, but really you won't spend much time in your room anyway and they are all cheaper than the hotels.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As already said, can be bad when busy.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never been to Vegas, but a new tourney rule is you cannot touch or look at an electronic device (cell phone, music player) while in a hand, or your hand is automatically declared dead. Also, I think they are trying to enforce a relatively old rule that you aren't suppose to talk to other players in a hand at all, unless there are only two left in the tourney (but people still do it all the time)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, hope you aren't coming to Foxwoods for the ethnic cuisine. Someone mentioned a couple of places in Westerly, probably your best bet, although I don't really know outside area. Is Dunkin' Donuts considered ethnic?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends what you mean by best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Thanks for the info. By best I meant inexpensive and convenient, clean but fancy not needed.

Me and two friends started a road trip off at Dunkin Donuts and as me and my friend ate a couple of donuts my other friend said to us "they are not m&ms"