Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Your first Eagle...

[ QUOTE ]
Closest I have come to double eagle...

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean an albatross? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Love that name.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:31 PM

Mine came on a 460 yard Par-5 with a dog leg to the right and a ton of trees in the way. I destroyed the ball off of the Tee box and was left with about 170 yards. I muscled up a 7-Iron and caught a lucky bounce off of the front of the green to put me about 4 feet from the hole and a nice easy putt for Eagle.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 PM

My first came in a HS match. I think it was like a 480 yrd up hill dogleg left par 5. Driver off the tee, topped a 3 wood from 240 to about 100 yards out and rolled a SW in.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 PM

17th at TPC Sawgrass final round of Junior Amatuer match is all square with two to play slight wind in my face allows me to hit a solid PW. A slight fade started at the center of the green drifted further right more than i wanted as i was playing it somewhat conservative but as i look down the path i see the ball going straight for the hole...one bounce and in....As i walk up the ramp to get my ball I trip and fall into the lake head first...as I open my eyes i see my roomate standing over me with an empty bucket laughing hysterical as i squirm around drenched in my pajamas.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:10 AM

Never had an eagle... Got an ace on an 87 yard Par 3 on a small Par 3 course w/ a small SW. Of course nobody was there to see it.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:41 AM

Don't remember my first eagle, most likely some par 5 reached in 2, but I like this better.

from a HS golf match--
On a 305 yard par 4 I hit my drive OB. I hit my next drive to 5' and made the putt. The next hole is a 520 yard par 5. I hit a good drive and hit my 2-iron to 2' and made the putt.

Back to back "eagles"
Old 08-03-2007, 11:24 AM

University of Maryland course - Par 5, 511 yards.

I bombed a driver off the tee that just cleared the front of the hill on the fairway giving me about 20 extra yards. I was about 190 yards from the pin and hit a 5 iron 12 feet past the hole. I had a tricky downhill eagle putt. A buddy of mine told me "He'd let me pick up now and take my par to save the embarrassment of a 3-putt". I thought - [censored] this, I'm making the putt, and I trickled the quick putt in.

It was a nice feeling.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 PM

Back in highschool, about 10-11 years ago, playing a public course that I wasnt that familiar with, I hit a drive then a long second shot onto the green. I rolled in the putt thinking sweet a birdie.

Then walking down the next hole I am filling out the scorecard and realize the previous hole was a par 5.

guess its like being drunk when you lose your virginity...
Old 08-06-2007, 10:00 PM

playing a junior tournament when I was 12... 250yd par 4, drove the green to 12 feet, and converted obv.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:23 PM

Costa Mesa Golf Course in Orange County.

Happened to come in the best round I've ever had.

Par 4, 380 yds. Smoked driver down the middle and had 120 in. Big green w/ the pin in the back left. Pin was blind because of a big bunker w/ a tall lip and a downslope.
Hit my gap wedge flush and it looked pretty good. I was trying to land it just over the bunker and trickle it down toward the pin. I went exactly where I wanted it, but the back of the green was blind.

After the other guys hit, we made our way up there and I was so pissed bacause I couldn't find my ball. I figured it want over the green into some rough, but we couldn't find it. Finally, some old guy we were playing with found my ball in the cup.

Ended up coming to 17 2 under (I had never broke 80!)
I bogey the par 3 17 and double the par 5 18 for a 1 over 71 (par 70).