Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: Carnoustie

I hate Sergio, too bad he's going to win. He looks Tiger-like, he's going to run away with it.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:57 PM

Wow, group B is killing it. Top four on the leader board coming out of that group, lol.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:25 PM

Very cool to see each player's swing speed and ball speed measurements on the par 5s.

check the statistics tab:

http://scoring.opengolf.com/scorecar...;iPlayerNo=487

http://www.opengolf.com/news/display...ps?id=60006772

Interesting to see the actual measurements instead of the BS fluff they write up in Golf Digest etc. No CBS, Tiger does not swing at 135mph and he doesn't bench press 350 pounds. He does, however, get his ball speed up to 185mph+ which is very fast, tops among the pros.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very cool to see each player's swing speed and ball speed measurements on the par 5s.

check the statistics tab:

http://scoring.opengolf.com/scorecar...;iPlayerNo=487

http://www.opengolf.com/news/display...ps?id=60006772

Interesting to see the actual measurements instead of the BS fluff they write up in Golf Digest etc. No CBS, Tiger does not swing at 135mph and he doesn't bench press 350 pounds. He does, however, get his ball speed up to 185mph+ which is very fast, tops among the pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having seen tiger in person and knowing plenty of powerlifters/bodybuilders that press 350, it is ridiculous to think that Tiger could bench anywhere near that.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, group B is killing it. Top four on the leader board coming out of that group, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who would have thought? Garcia and Stricker were his last two picks.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Very gay that you alluded to the rule but didn't tell him. I hate that quality in a person.

[/ QUOTE ]
Catch a fish for someone and they can eat for a day. Teach someone to fish and they can eat for a lifetime.

In this day and age most people just go on the internet and ask someone to give them the answer instead of actually making an effort and perhaps learning something in the process. Looking this up in the rule book would have taken 2 minutes max. If this wasn't the GOLF forum I definitely would have given the applicable rule, but people here should either have knowledge, or be willing to obtain knowledge of the ancient game.

BO
Old 07-21-2007, 04:22 PM

I'd like to see Sergio win this even though he has come off poorly in the past (interviews, spitting). He has the talent to be a top 3 player in the world and may already be the best ball striker. Once he gets his head on straight he may be like Phil and win a few majors in a short time.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking this up in the rule book would have taken 2 minutes max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to www.opengolf.com would have taken anyone 2 minutes max, much faster than reading through this thread to find out who is leading and how everyone is playing. I suppose that would make this thread pointless, except this is a DISCUSSION forum. Typically you DISCUSS things of interest, such as the ruling another poster asked about, instead of holding up a big sign that says "LOOK AT ME I'M SMART I KNOW THE ANSWER AND YOU DON'T HAHA!" and making me spend 2 minutes of my time to go look it up (and then 2 more minutes of my time to post it to save 2 minutes of everyone else's time).

99% of us here know how to go to google and type "rules golf ball moved," and > 50% of us probably have a copy of the latest rules of golf in our golf bags; however, why should we have to take our time to go look for the information if you already said you have it and it would have taken you less time to type it than it took for you to rationalize why you didn't? Are you going to reply with "you suck take lessons" next time someone posts a swing video rather than take 2 seconds to say "keep your head down" if that's the obvious problem?

jeez.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once he gets his head on straight he may be like Phil and win a few majors in a short time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this will become true if he wins tomorrow. His problems mostly seem to be mental and handling the pressure.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looking this up in the rule book would have taken 2 minutes max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Going to www.opengolf.com would have taken anyone 2 minutes max, much faster than reading through this thread to find out who is leading and how everyone is playing. I suppose that would make this thread pointless, except this is a DISCUSSION forum. Typically you DISCUSS things of interest, such as the ruling another poster asked about, instead of holding up a big sign that says "LOOK AT ME I'M SMART I KNOW THE ANSWER AND YOU DON'T HAHA!" and making me spend 2 minutes of my time to go look it up (and then 2 more minutes of my time to post it to save 2 minutes of everyone else's time).

99% of us here know how to go to google and type "rules golf ball moved," and > 50% of us probably have a copy of the latest rules of golf in our golf bags; however, why should we have to take our time to go look for the information if you already said you have it and it would have taken you less time to type it than it took for you to rationalize why you didn't? Are you going to reply with "you suck take lessons" next time someone posts a swing video rather than take 2 seconds to say "keep your head down" if that's the obvious problem?

jeez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, discuss - that's what the "just google it" crowd miss. Posts lead to other posts - leads to threads - leads to message boards. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]