Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: The Official NHL Playoffs Thread

[ QUOTE ]
rangers fans love cheering after losses nowadays - and i bet some of these clowns cheering are the same people who boo a-rod.

seriously when did putting an effort become ovation worthy? i mean the attitude of my fellow devils fans disgusts me too, but rangers fans treat their team like they're members of the special olympics these days

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, just wow.

Their fans make a classy gesture, celebrating a team that left it all out there. They played probably about as well as they could have against a great Sabres team and seriously almost stole that series. You can't tell me a single Sabres fan wasn't at least a bit scared during game 5.

Cheering for them is an awesome gesture and you're a terrible Hater for your comment.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
rangers fans love cheering after losses nowadays - and i bet some of these clowns cheering are the same people who boo a-rod.

seriously when did putting an effort become ovation worthy? i mean the attitude of my fellow devils fans disgusts me too, but rangers fans treat their team like they're members of the special olympics these days

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, just wow.

Their fans make a classy gesture, celebrating a team that left it all out there. They played probably about as well as they could have against a great Sabres team and seriously almost stole that series. You can't tell me a single Sabres fan wasn't at least a bit scared during game 5.

Cheering for them is an awesome gesture and you're a terrible Hater for your comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess you're right - i'm just thinking back to last year when the fans gave an ovation for getting swept out of the playoffs by their biggest rival. this one makes a lot more sense - the rangers did play some terrific hockey in this series and almost stole it.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sabres have really not had it all postseason - the senators really cut through NJ. i think it will be a much closer matchup than last year - also ottawa doesn't have that overrated pilon chara.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. It's going to be very close, and the better goalie will make the difference, which is why I like Buffalo's chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah me too. I think a lot of the stuff about Ottowa being better this year is very results-oriented - nobody thought they were vulnerable before the Sabres series. Buffalo's expectations last year were not nearly as high, so they weren't scrutinized nearly as much when they lost a couple games in Philly.
Of course the series is likely to go more than 5 games - every game last year was extremely close.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guess you're right - i'm just thinking back to last year when the fans gave an ovation for getting swept out of the playoffs by their biggest rival. this one makes a lot more sense - the rangers did play some terrific hockey in this series and almost stole it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That team was picked to finish dead last in the Eastern Conference heading into last season. After making the playoffs for the first time in 8 years, that was shocking enough and something that the fans could be happy with.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guess you're right - i'm just thinking back to last year when the fans gave an ovation for getting swept out of the playoffs by their biggest rival. this one makes a lot more sense - the rangers did play some terrific hockey in this series and almost stole it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That team was picked to finish dead last in the Eastern Conference heading into last season. After making the playoffs for the first time in 8 years, that was shocking enough and something that the fans could be happy with.

[/ QUOTE ]

by one dummy SI writer - there was no way that team was finishing dead last in the NHL.

I still don't ever see myself giving standing Os to a team in that situation, but I guess I wasn't paying to see the tripe the Rangers trotted out there for so many years.
Old 05-06-2007, 11:48 PM

consider yourself lucky [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2007, 09:53 PM

Wow the Sharks are going out like the Wings usually do - look unstoppable on the verge of going up 3-1 then poof...
How is there no schedule for the next round yet?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:56 PM

GJ Refs... another bogus penalty. I've never seen that happen before. Markov gets a high-stick, play goes on for another minute. Then a double-minor gets called on Thornton. ?!?!?!

I've seen hundreds of games... that never gets called. Even when players are missing teeth. I'm all for penalty-reviews, etc.... but KEEP IT CONSISTENT. Almost every penalty tonight had been delayed by like 20 seconds.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:11 PM

Buffalo/Ottawa starts Thursday. Pretty sure the full schedule is out there somewhere.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:13 PM

Thursday 5/10 Ottawa at Buffalo 7p
Saturday 5/12 Ottawa at Buffalo 8p
Monday 5/14 Buffalo at Ottawa 7p
Wednesday 5/16 Buffalo at Ottawa 7p
Saturday 5/19 Ottawa at Buffalo 2p
Monday 5/21 Buffalo at Ottawa 7p
Wednesday 5/23 Ottawa at Buffalo 7p