Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Offical Down to 6 We Go AI Thread

OMGZZZ THE WORLDSS ARE FALLING BECUZ SANJAYA IS GONE. OMGG THEY SHOULD CANCEL THE SHOW NOW SO I CAN MAYBE WATCH GILMORE GIRLS BECUZ MAYBE THERE WILL BE A CHICK THAT LOOKS LIKE SANJAYA
Old 04-19-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OMGZZZ THE WORLDSS ARE FALLING BECUZ SANJAYA IS GONE. OMGG THEY SHOULD CANCEL THE SHOW NOW SO I CAN MAYBE WATCH GILMORE GIRLS BECUZ MAYBE THERE WILL BE A CHICK THAT LOOKS LIKE SANJAYA

[/ QUOTE ]

Gilmore Girls is quality television.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:21 AM

screw u sir.

there is no way malakaar lost on his own merits.

it was fixed.

and there is no gilmore girl as good looking as sanjaya.

that is all.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:38 AM

I hate the Gilmore Girls, it's like someone watched the West Wing and imitated the pace but not the quality.

It's like they can play the notes, not the music (same goes for Sanjaya)
Old 04-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Sanjaya was so boring this week that he deserved to go. He should have at least brought his sister. 15 minutes are almost up.

It's too bad though because the remaining contestants are one-dimensional.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yep. I'm still skeptical that the Jordin group were all the top 3. Chris AND Phil in the top 3 over Melinda? I want to puke.

[/ QUOTE ]
You must have heard something that I missed.

Ryan started by saying he was going to divide the contestants into two groups, top vote getters and bottom vote getters. Then he puts six of them into two groups. He's not done dividing because Melinda isn't in either group yet.

Next he brings Melinda down and asks her which group she is part of. She refuses to choose and Ryan puts Melinda with Jordin, Chris, and Phil. Finally Ryan has completed his job of dividing the top 7 into two groups.

Nothing Ryan said suggests to me that Melinda was fourth. She's just a member of the top four.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right actually, I did miss this. I thought he specifically talked only of the 2 groups of 3, leaving Melinda in the middle. Thanks for clearing that up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Stellarwind.

Even more specifically, if you want to get into semantics, what Ryan said was actually something like "I'm going to split you into two groups. The group with the most amount of votes, and the group with the least amount of votes."

So hypothetically, this doesn't even specifically mean that Sanjaya, Lakisha and Blake were the lowest 3 vote getters, but perhaps just that the sum of their votes was lower than the sum of Jordin, Phil and Chris's votes. Just a possible theory.

I don't necessarily think this was the case, but figured it's at least one option for the folks who like to analyze how Ryan splits the group up.

Also, to the idiots in the thread saying the show is rigged, why on earth would they rig it to knock off Sanjaya, who clearly was generating the most buzz on the show? I called it correctly in the official show thread this week - the guy has been way overexposed, to where voting for Sanjaya for schtick value felt played out, plus he gave a really boring and unentertaining performance. Not a surprise at all that he got booted out.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:36 PM

Why in the hell does everyone now care about Sanjaya? You watch the show because of him? He should have been voted off TEN WEEKS ago.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:36 PM

I almost sold my Sanjaya shares when they reached $7 each....but no, I decided to wait a couple more weeks. Another brilliant decision on my part.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:47 PM

Shooting in to make a comment....

No matter who wins this year, they will be considered the worst idol yet, right?

Either way, I find it fascinating that a couple of the Idols haven't been very good at all. The shows were entertaining, but in the real world Studdard, Aiken, Hicks..(yes, clay lost, i know)...just haven't dont much.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why in the hell does everyone now care about Sanjaya? You watch the show because of him? He should have been voted off TEN WEEKS ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had shares in the guy but I can't agree more!