Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Ram Vaswani speaks about that \'Golf Game\'.

Those who are saying Phil is cheating obv have no clue about golf gambling and if someone accused the guys I play with of cheating based on not being happy with the strokes they got, they would be beat up, have the debt taken from their pocket and never get a game again.

ftr, I'm not an internet tough guy and I couldn't beat up Dr. Ruth even with a 5 iron, I'm saying the guys I play with would not put up with that whining.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:30 AM

salazaaaaar is right and so is Blair Rodman imo.
what's the point of playing high stakes golf if you dont set out to win the other man's money ('as friends')..
Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ivey may have burned a lot of bridges. It may cost him even more money down the road. If there was ever going to be another poker boom, his image has been tarnished. Some sponsors may pass on him, not like cares anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
This one really made me LOL. You think anybody who doesn't read 2+2, Hendon Mob or FCP even knows about this??? Let alone sponsors??? You're kidding yourself.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 AM

Poker is not that big of an industry. [censored], even on wall streeet I know all big gossip that concerns my 2004 classmates.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:53 AM

Those of you that are saying Ivey cheated obviously know nothing about gambling. Phil simply played 'the game' to perfection, and came out on top. He outplayed Ram & Co. where it counts the most: negotiations.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with this logic, you guys should support grimstar for not going allin on that coin flip, because as far as he knew, his opponent wasn't only going to go allin unlesss he had the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

but there's some room for the counter that its like continuing to do coinflips after being repeatedly grimstarred.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:11 AM

The reason Phil Ivey is by far the best poker player alive is partly because he is the best gambler out there. He knew Vaswani is probably a degenerate who wouldn't even stop playing once he was getting killed. Why else would they demolish Vaswani so badly? They should obviously have been shaving shots off just to make the game look good. But, no, they didn't need to - they had their mark. The guy got abused and he has nothing to his story - not wanting to pay "one dollar" is [censored] pathetic. They should reset the handicaps to what they were at the time and square the deal. Even in that case they are letting Vaswani off the hook.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those who are saying Phil is cheating obv have no clue about golf gambling and if someone accused the guys I play with of cheating based on not being happy with the strokes they got, they would be beat up, have the debt taken from their pocket and never get a game again.

ftr, I'm not an internet tough guy and I couldn't beat up Dr. Ruth even with a 5 iron, I'm saying the guys I play with would not put up with that whining.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you play golf with scum has no relevance in this discussion
Old 04-19-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you play golf with scum has no relevance in this discussion

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA. It's totally relevant. These aren't lawyers who play golf for leisure. PI would be scum under this scenario. But, these are negotiating edge seeking gamblers who use golf as thieir venue to wager. Not everyone plays your kinda golf betting.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:25 AM

Funny how DN called out guys who hustle golf like this a few years ago, but when his buddy does the same thing, it's fine.