Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: JJ vs. thac - NL$100

[ QUOTE ]
Daycare, if your image allows this move so bet it, but we dont know what hero's image is, so Im going to assume its TAG. With a tag image, I just dont see the point in betting here at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

the biggest reason, especially when it comes to a reg vs. reg hand, is that it keeps the other guy from pegging you as easily floatable. you want people to be throwing away hands like 66 on the flop when you miss. you want them to know that if they call one bet, its very likely they'll have to call two bets, and most decent players hate calling one and folding to the second. you don't want a good player thinking he can just comfortably show down whenever he rates to have the best hand. if that happens, you're in for a long day.

cork: i'm not really disagreeing with you by much. i mean, i think we've pseudoaces here against this range also. i need a little recent history of being pushed around before making a snapoff of a raise on the turn in this hand though. a set kind of has to raise with the 3rd diamond hitting, and i dont think most players are making that bluff there very often.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:05 PM

I can't put him on a good hand after he calls the flop. After I make up my mind, I am ready to play for stacks and its a 50/50 shot - I am either right or wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 10:08 PM

If he is good and tricky then why cant he show up with a queen here? This is just going to get into different levels of thought but if he knows that hero knows how he plays, then we cant always assume he takes a default line.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 PM

if we bet the turn he's gonna bluff raise (or he should have folded the flop)

so if you're betting you best be calling a shove
Old 10-29-2007, 10:12 PM

Thats a good point also, if villain is capable of floating, then hes obviously going to be planning on taking this away on the turn alot. Are you prepared to call a shove with second pair on a 3 flush board?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:13 PM

crappy spot. I mean, if I'm floating this flop then im betting/raising no matter what you do. I know you cant continue without a set or better so I'm raising.

betting...i dont know thac's sn, so no reads there, but I wouldn't do it very often.

c/r...not with the diamond...burning money

c/f...is ok.

c/c...is ok as well. I dont think he is going to fire the river w/ a worse hand very often, he will probably put you on the Ad or some junk queen. not to mention the times he checks behind. I cant decide if a like a river lead though. Doubt he folds a queen alot.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:29 PM

maximize expectation and c/c, he will bet w/ all of his range here imo (Qs, small PPs, air etc.) if you bet he will fold all worse hands and this will be a bluff. also he's checking behind all Q's/pp's on the river i imagine.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:37 PM

c/c is BY FAR THE BEST LINE.

think of his likely range here and how to best max out value against such range. thac knows we r betting this flop all day and thus calling excaptionally wide. if we bet fold the turn here we r now bluffing while ahead of villians range. this is like burning money.

u check and he bets n e non pair hands here and some smaller pairs as well. he will also likely bet Qx but i doubt he has many combos of Qx here. so imo his range is a few random draws, low pps, and then a few Qx hands.

river could b tough to play if u do this on the turn but it is by far the best line. as for river i would prolly c/c or bet/fold depending on river stuff
Old 10-29-2007, 10:44 PM

What you gonna do on the diamond river when he best outs or checks behind 44d? I would feel so dumb I'd want to quit poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 10:52 PM

OK, my first thought was C/C 1 time, thac is def gonna fire on a float, def gonna fire with a flush, probably gonna fire with a queen. If he bets big I gotta lay it down, but this is a textbook float spot.

Any crazy bastards like c/r here? I mean, it turns our hand into a bluff but if it checks through we still have value, and I'm pretty confident thac raises the flop w a set, and will probably do it with a fair frequency with a flush draw as well. He'll fold a queen on the turn because ldo baluga applies versus a TAG.

We're obviously toast against 9s and flush draws, but I think this line would be lots of fun and chock full of fold equity.