FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: JJ vs. thac - NL$100

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I mean wtf.

"Playing huge pots against good regs OOP with weak hands is bad."

[ ] Agree
[ ] Disagree

I'm simply astounded that this is controversial.
For [censored] and giggles, look at the x-post of this hand in SSNL and compare the responses there.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Making plays based off of generalizations when you have a huge amount of information available to you is optimal poker"

[]Agree
[]Disagree
Old 10-30-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I mean wtf.

[ ] Agree
[ ] Disagree

For [censored] and giggles, look at the x-post of this hand in SSNL and compare the responses there.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Making plays based off of generalizations when you have a huge amount of information available to you is optimal poker"

[X]Agree
[]Disagree

[/ QUOTE ]
??? do i win?
Old 10-30-2007, 06:10 PM

Loc: -20bis a day

JK, I'm coming around to c/fing now that I've seen thacs history and have a better sense for how he plays, but seriously I [censored] hate people who go HES TIGHT HE HAS US BEAT LOLOLOL
Old 10-30-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I mean wtf.

[ ] Agree
[ ] Disagree

[/ QUOTE ]

[]Agree
[]Disagree

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, come on. I'm sure if you've read any of my posts in this thread, you can see that I've taken the information into account, and none of it should incline us to deviate from the general rule (which, in all fairness, holds true for the overwhelming majority of cases).

I just think the argument that we must continue in this godawful spot simply because it's a good one for him to bluff is ridiculous. It's ok to get bluffed off the best hand when no good lines are available, but it's not ok to turn into a calling station just because you're facing a thinking player.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It's ok to get bluffed off the best hand when no good lines are available, but it's not ok to turn into a calling station just because you're facing a thinking player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So what exactly was the plan on the turn az? I think the turn bet is bad regardless of whether you are b/f or b/c but b/c is probably better than b/f.

[/ QUOTE ]
TBH when he just cc pre and then flatted the flop, I thought he was very weak. I put him on small/med pp's or a weak Q. I figured that he would raise a fd or set, and probably would have repopped me w AQ/KQ pre, so I really didn't think the hand he had was in his range. I bet the turn again because I thought I had the best hand and I felt like checking gives up control of the hand, and check calling puts me in a gross spot on the river. Looking back at this hand I should have check/folded the turn, or bet the turn then shoved the river(I think he folds pretty much any Q to a river shove).

[/ QUOTE ]

The line you took is the correct one. I mentioned before you most likely both have the best hand and you need protection against diamonds. You have to bet the turn, but if your called your probably behind. If you raised however you can snap off a bluff.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:29 PM

So after reading the SSNL thread where the general consensus is check/fold, I'm thoroughly confused. Even considering how range your wide is, since check/fold is almost universally recognized as best in SSNL, is CRAI strictly a bad play? Or is CRAI a very marginal play that has a lot of better spots to do it in? The logic behind me appealed to me at first (and still does) so I'm having trouble muddling through this.

PS: It's nice to see you back, Thac, I really appreciate you (along with all the other SSNL+ members) that take the time to do this) coming down and helping us out.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So after reading the SSNL thread where the general consensus is check/fold, I'm thoroughly confused. Even considering how range your wide is, since check/fold is almost universally recognized as best in SSNL, is CRAI strictly a bad play? Or is CRAI a very marginal play that has a lot of better spots to do it in? The logic behind me appealed to me at first (and still does) so I'm having trouble muddling through this.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would thac try to float a pot bet and outplay a 21/16 tag while sitting at a table of megadonks?

betting isn't great because he's probably not going to try and float two streets with air or a marginal made hand/one card diamond draws. he's either folding or calling/raising better hands.

checking is better, and you should only be calling if you think thac would bet the turn with marginal made hand/flush draw combos often enough. i don't think he's getting that out of line here. i don't like crai, as i think his range that bets the turn when checked to is killing ours. i'd rather not risk my stack on a bluff vs. a thinking player at a table where i could take some fish to value town.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 AM

EMc approves of this thread.

Also, whenever a uNL reg is banned pls IM me so I know, cause it matters to me. I cant promise that I will revoke the ban, but id like to know so I can talk to the banning mod.