Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Backwards or forwards?

3. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2007, 07:25 PM

go forward 3000 years ldo. u have to realize that you would only be an idiot in the future for like 10 years then u would learn how to live in the new society. just realize, every new baby born is an "idiot" when they are really young, but by the time they are in their 20s most won't be.

also going back in time would change alot of the stuff that happened. Just you being in the world then the butterfly effect states that you would not be able to predict everything u think u might be able to now
Old 11-03-2007, 07:55 PM

You could certainly predict scientific truths that were inevident at the time.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:54 PM

It took me a while to think of an answer to this post. I'm very curious about the future, but if I go forward I might miss the Rapture besides I'm one of Jerry's Kids when it comes to technology so in the future if I can understand anything I'll still almost definitely be obsolete. I may appear as a Neanderthal to them so they will cage me and study me and I may be unable to return back in time if I'm imprisoned.

So I opt to go backwards in time to the year 30 A.D. I plan on having some drapes tailored into that era's garments and buying a veil. I will smuggle along the highest quality video camera I can find and follow Jesus for 3 years up until 10 minutes after the Last Supper. That way I can bring back pictures and put an end to these crazy debates once and for all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rResKXjKqjQ
Old 11-05-2007, 03:32 PM

I probably do underestimate how valuable human intelligence is to survival. Even in a cataclysmic event, I guess human ingenuity would prevail (if survival was at all possible). But the odds aren't with us.

Among animal organisms I think the shark is the oldest surviving species. So far, no species has survived forever. Do you guys really think man will be the first due to his intelligence?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rResKXjKqjQ

[/ QUOTE ]

Please... out of respect for good music, please stop linking to these horrid music videos. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Posting illogical arguments is one thing. Posting these videos is worse.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:46 PM

You're not required to click on any links. Click the X button and get out of it if you don't like it.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not required to click on any links. Click the X button and get out of it if you don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do get out of it. I'm just asking you kindly to be respectful to music. Obviously you can choose to ignore it. Thought your Christian value might allow you to do the right thing. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So far, no species has survived forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is meaningless.

Many species have survived many millions of years. 3000 years is a tiny timespan, relatively speaking.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would not go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the reason I would not go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely you'd agree it would be much higher +EV to go back say, 3 years so that you could get really rich and still in all likelihood end up with the same girl (if you still wanted to once you were loaded).