Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it all the bad guys in poker are called Mark?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question, Mark "the master" gwen, Mark "zeejustin" bonomo, Mark Arieh, Mark telsher ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Vos.... Mark Seif... yes, Mark Strahan....

[/ QUOTE ]

Marc Goodwin...
Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

mark strahan

[/ QUOTE ]

who??

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an inside joke from The Hendon Mob Forum lol
Old 10-04-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's not true. Stars took all the money that I had ever cashed for in tournaments where I had more than one account entered in. The money was redistributed to players afaik. The amount was about $3,400, and I believe included two cashes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, this is like 50x less severe than I thought it had been.

Justin Wins $137,000 in the Sunday PokerStars Tournament

You played just the one account in this then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh. Really didn't want this thread to turn into one about me, but I just don't know how everyone has no clue about the details involved with me.

Lee Jones publicly said on 2+2 that I only had one account when I won the Sunday Million on stars. He also said I had only multi-accounted in a few tournaments.

Disclaimer: What I did was wrong. It's not really all that relevant that my win was legit and that I didn't cash big when I actually was cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may not want this thread to be about you. And it shouldn't be but when mulit-accounting is talked about its hard not to mention your name.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it all the bad guys in poker are called Mark?

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question, Mark "the master" gwen, Mark "zeejustin" bonomo, Mark Arieh, Mark telsher ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Vos.... Mark Seif... yes, Mark Strahan....

[/ QUOTE ]

Marc Goodwin...

[/ QUOTE ]Mark Ivey
Old 10-04-2007, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My first table at EPT London was with Mark Telsher. We talked for two hours or so before our table broke. For some reason he seemed very determined to not let me out his online name to the rest of the table for whatever reason. I've talked to play2kill in the chatbox at both Stars and FTP while playing 25/50 and 50/100 NUMEROUS times and the person typing in the chat just doesn't seem to have the same personality as Mark Telsher. Although at the EPT London table we were at, Mark came behind me and confirmed to me he was play2kill. I have also heard reports that play2kill is Mikael Thuritz. I will say I do not believe that two people share this account. It always seems to be the same person playing from the very detailed and technical style that play2kill uses, and his chat language. It's either one or the other and I really can't figure it out. FWIW, whoever it is, is very good as I've probably played 100k+ hands with play2kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's good enough for me. If Boosted vouches for someone's integrity I believe that ought to be the end of it. 100% no lose.

[/ QUOTE ]\

Are you dumb? I didn't say either way, I was just adding in my experiences with the online play2kill and Mark Telsher in real life. I didn't stand up for him at all, I'm curious myself at the allegations and also knowing which guy I'm playing against. If coltranedog is right, then it's Mikael Thuritz I'm playing. Trying reading next time.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My first table at EPT London was with Mark Telsher. We talked for two hours or so before our table broke. For some reason he seemed very determined to not let me out his online name to the rest of the table for whatever reason. I've talked to play2kill in the chatbox at both Stars and FTP while playing 25/50 and 50/100 NUMEROUS times and the person typing in the chat just doesn't seem to have the same personality as Mark Telsher. Although at the EPT London table we were at, Mark came behind me and confirmed to me he was play2kill. I have also heard reports that play2kill is Mikael Thuritz. I will say I do not believe that two people share this account. It always seems to be the same person playing from the very detailed and technical style that play2kill uses, and his chat language. It's either one or the other and I really can't figure it out. FWIW, whoever it is, is very good as I've probably played 100k+ hands with play2kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's good enough for me. If Boosted vouches for someone's integrity I believe that ought to be the end of it. 100% no lose.

[/ QUOTE ]\

Are you dumb? I didn't say either way, I was just adding in my experiences with the online play2kill and Mark Telsher in real life. I didn't stand up for him at all, I'm curious myself at the allegations and also knowing which guy I'm playing against. If coltranedog is right, then it's Mikael Thuritz I'm playing. Trying reading next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like you boosted J and enjoyed your cardrunners video immensely. dont mind what these fat cats say, they are jealous of your supreme unlimited holdem skills.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how pokerstars can determine if two different people were sitting at home playing on 1 computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless i missed something in the thread, it appears that 5 people were sat in one persons home playing the same tourney.

There is like 1.4 million dollars and Pokerstars' reputation on the line here - they will investigate further im sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you (or anyone else) really not see a problem with the system as a whole if:

-stars had nothing in place to stop this when registrations were taken
-stars willingly accepted the rake money from this and other similar situations
-stars is now only spurred in to action to investigate the first place player despite the massive amount of information they have on the other 2997 'players' in the event?

(fwiw i think the most appropriate response is probably to just let it go and not investigate)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the most appropriate response is to start with the winner, then move on to everyone who cashed, then move to everyone who entered.

Yes, there SHOULD be a system in place to stop it before it happened, but this doesnt mean you shouldnt act on something after it has happened.

By your logic the police shouldnt investigate crimes because the crimes have already happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so bad its not even worth responding to. completely missed the point. are you suggesting police just sit back and let crimes happen when it profits them? would you be ok with that situation?

by your logic people shouldnt feed ducks that have already eaten in the past week (makes about as much sense and relevance to the situation)
Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Im pretty sure he did tell me something about having a ferrari or lambo or something within 10 minutes of meeting him.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a pathetically insecure creature he must be!

[/ QUOTE ]

jealousy is a bitch huh?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how many accounts do you have?

I know pretty much whenever I get attacked in these cheating threads it's by people who want to keep things they way they are for whatever reason. So flame away punks, I don't go away that easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

also someone ban this tard already plz....
Old 10-04-2007, 08:03 AM

PokerStars's standard practice is to conduct a special security review for players in each large tournament, including the Sunday Million and WCOOP events.

At this time the review is completed for all players in the WCOOP Main Event which concluded on October 1, except for the winner, where the investigation is continuing. We hope to conclude it as soon as possible.

The details of all security investigations are confidential.

This player has also requested that their personal information is not disclosed, and therefore PokerStars cannot divulge information about the player's identity.

Stephen W.
Manager, PokerStars Game Security
Closed Thread