Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 04:50 PM

Default when to start considering withdrawing money?

though i'm far from being a "professional online poker player"... i was just curious what methods all you high rollers out there use to determine when is a good time to withdraw money from your roll?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: when to start considering withdrawing money?

I play on 2-3 sites; I usually just cash out when my roll goes over 12 buy-ins on any one site.

Sometimes if things aren't going up to par, I'll make a small cashout anyways just to pretend I'm winning... lol
Old 11-10-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: when to start considering withdrawing money?

I keep my roll at an amount where my chances of going broke are low, about 600BB (some people choose more or less, there's some complicated math about it you can look up somewhere). So right now I am playing $1/2 shorthanded limit on a roll of $1200. So, I just cash out significant amounts (ex. last cashout was $200) over $1200.
I think it's really important to not cash out tiny amounts all the time, that makes the focus of my game too much about the money instead of good decision making. Though it's tempting b/c it feels good to cashout. You need a balance. I think I am just going to start cashing out once a month.
Also, I keep my bankroll very separate from all my other finances. I don't dip in, or donate from my real life money to my roll.
Another thing. Right now I am moving up stakes to $2/4. I'm doing sort of a half and half cashout/bankroll building so that I can (I hope!) cashout & build my roll to survive higher stakes.
I just play for a little side income but my husband is pro, and I learn a lot of these things from him. So far so good. Good luck!