FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

As intelligent individuals who have put together a winning poker system I would like nlnut, BrandonJoseph and nation to admit that 2p2 as a community has every right to be *extremely* suspicious about this situation given the information we have.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
VanVeen is my hero. (No, this is not sarcasm for once, he really is.)

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd like to second this.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think we need to give the guy a break now that his side has come out. Also, why is it that people arent trusting nation who a ctually knows him?

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you guys act like you have something to hide? either tell us your exact setup or we assume you're guilty until proven innocent.

Because he's a massive 1/2 full ring multitabler who just so happens to be friends with and lives near the guy accused of using a bot. Being extremely defensive doesn't help either.

[/ QUOTE ]

The glaring contradictions in this thread are simply amazing! If we join the same tables, we're colluting. If we don't, we're bots. If we try to defend ourselves, it's fishy. If not, it's fishy. Make up your minds! and nobody gets paid by the hour, by the way. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
these idiots are making more than 99% of posters on 2p2 using a rule set so simple that it probably only depends on the strength of their own hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

with that said, i'm done with this thread for tonight. i'm not trying to avoid questions. everything about the situation that's relevant, i've posted in the thread. if my explanation for similar postflop stats isn't good enough, too bad. maybe i just don't understand how to defend the same stats well enough, but they are the same, there's no bots, and thats all there is. i've told you every relevant piece of information possible.

i'm not a liar, if you choose not to trust me, there's nothing i can do. this isn't even my fight. FTP has cleared them of everything, you can choose to rest easy that these aren't bots, or you can worry but it's really not my problem.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bluff,
c'mon, you know you agree with me. if a rule set exists that would generate these stats for a bot then a human (or group of humans) could execute it just as well (they're just using simple rules based on their own hand strength alone - pretty sure!). your arguments relies on the supposition that no human in his right mind would do that. i don't think that's true. what we know is true about these four players:

a) they're using the same strategy;
b) that strategy is simple.

whether they're bots or idiots is completely unknowable from our limited perspective.

what's most troublesome here isn't that bots might be playing in games (they probably are - what'dya gonna do?). it's

a) the impossibility of reliably distinguishing between bots and humans without invading the privacy of users;

b) how half-assed Full Tilt's investigation seems to have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

VV,

Your are making a reasonable argument, and I certainly agree with a) and b). However, I also don't think anyone, even multi-tablers, *will* play, not *can* play, that simple of a post-flop strategy while playing manually. That's the whole reason short-stackers short stack, but these guys are playing full buyin.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:00 AM

hey guys i play 1/2 NL and win a meager 1.5BB/100, so I'm just as bad as you are, can I join? here is my plays

1. RAISE CARDS THAT CAN MAKE PAIRS OR FRUSHES
2. TRY TO HIT MY FRUSHES OR PAIRS
3. FOLD IF I DONT

sometimes i make bruffs on the river but not often. my stats are 14/7 and my only weakness are hungry and sleepy.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:01 AM

My only question... Is this guy's read spot on with you guys?

[ QUOTE ]
"1forthethumb" and "mariojr"??? LOL

Sounds like the work of some CMU geeks (or some other Pittsburgh sports fan(s) ).

For those unfamiliar with Pittsburgh sports lore-- the Steelers had 4 Super Bowl victories/rings until 2006; enough for each finger of the hand but the thumb. From the 1980's to 2006 the Steeler fans' rallying cry was "One for the thumb".

As for "mariojr"-- back in the mid 1990's, someone noticed that 2nd banana Penguins hockey star Jaromir Jagr's first name was an anagram for "Mario Jr."-- as in Mario Lemieux. [Sorry if this is obvious to everyone-- I just figured that not everyone here follows Pittsburgh sports and some might not have caught the connection].

I'm no FBI profiler, but makes sense to me that this is the work of some college math/poker geeks at a techy school like CMU and the connection that two of the suspected bots' names have is highly suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-10-2007, 12:02 AM

Can people please not post crap like "OMG I KNOW WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT HERE I"M EXPERT!!!" when they clearly don't? Half the [censored] in this thread is based on a bunch of morons pretending they totally know about bots or statistics or whatever, and it's amazing how easily you guys are swayed.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not a liar, if you choose not to trust me, there's nothing i can do. this isn't even my fight. FTP has cleared them of everything, you can choose to rest easy that these aren't bots, or you can worry but it's really not my problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

nation,

The only two options are not that you are lying to protect your friend, or that everything you have said is 100% accurate. The third option is that you believe everything you have said to be truthful, but have been misled by your friend. Given your crack on me earlier about logic, as well as other things you have said in this thread, it is very fair to question your judgement. But hey. I'm sure you believed Brandi right off the bat too.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

with that said, i'm done with this thread for tonight. i'm not trying to avoid questions. everything about the situation that's relevant, i've posted in the thread. if my explanation for similar postflop stats isn't good enough, too bad. maybe i just don't understand how to defend the same stats well enough, but they are the same, there's no bots, and thats all there is. i've told you every relevant piece of information possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point is it safe to assume that Nation either was or still is part of this "group" one way or the other?