Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: OOT. Time for a change.

Will you remove my ** please?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

One thing that we all like is a good bit of OOT drama. This usually involves somebody being publicly fed to the lions. We could do somthing like a suckiest post/thread of the week thread. All nominations get pasted in there, (no links as I would find it annoying having to open a thousand seperate pages in the one thread.) We then have a little vote off and the loser gets banned or temp-banned or whatever. That could be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

My name is crazyeyes and I endorse this idea.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 PM

Since the *'s are probably leaving, the sweet avatar can serve as an homage to a bygone era.

Personally, the * system made me want to post less sucky.

I would love to see a voluntary Survivor, even if for a predetermined amount of time, so higher profile posters could go at it for a month ban or something.

Or, when the situation arises, you could pit two ultra-bad posters against each other, Bad Newz Kennel style ala adsman's idea.

I also think standard titles of suck like 'NOT FUNNY' and 'WEAK POSTER' used across a broader spectrum could both serve a purpose and be entertaining.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:18 PM

Problems with star system:

1. Main problem -- star carries over to every other forum. posters with stars tend to be regarded as terrible posters overall, in all the forums. this is often simply not true. e.g. a good hsnl player has a lot to contribute in the strat forums, yet might be a terrible poster by OOT standards. This system is the brainchild of the controveresial OOT mod. I donīt really think he should taint the posterīs rep in any other place aside from this forum.

2. non-removal of stars, unless at explicit request of the īvictimī -- people donīt like to beg, via pm or anything. also, i personally get the impression that NT! enjoys dishing them out, and Iīm almost certain that posters begging for their removal amuse him just as much. Regardless of whether this opinion is wrong or not, Iīm pretty sure itīs one thatīs shared by more than myself. again, the star system would be fine if they were automatically removed after a reasonable, set period of time.

3. stars are a pretty ineffective method in that they solve nothing really -- i mean, itīs unlikely that posters will get the three stars necessary for the ban. I may be well on my way, but it seems like most people only have one star. So really, the system is only a nuisance. It doesnīt prevent them from continuing to post for any period of time (like a tempban would) or stop them altogether (like maybe exile from OOT).
Old 08-22-2007, 11:21 PM

I support heavy use of thread locking by NT and other mods because I want there to be a limit to how many topics flow throgh the forum per day. Too many topics and it becomes pointless to read this forum unless you check it twice daily.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:23 PM

Maybe we can keep stars for repeat offenders? I can see flaws in the system with single stars. But you got two, there's a reason...

No idea how to enforce this...

- C -
Old 08-22-2007, 11:25 PM

Dude. You're averaging 1 * / 63.5 posts. No I don't care what your opinion is of the * system.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude. You're averaging 1 * / 63.5 posts. No I don't care what your opinion is of the * system.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is precisely the ignorant attitude that makes the star system a terrible one.

also, why is this kind of offensive post which achieves nothing other than mock someone for making a thought out post tolerated, whereas something like saying "LOL Donkaments" or things like that would merit a *??
Old 08-22-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is precisely the ignorant attitude that makes the star system a terrible one.

also, why is this kind of offensive post which achieves nothing other than mock someone for making a thought out post tolerated, whereas something like saying "LOL Donkaments" or things like that would merit a *??

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause you've got two *s for a reason and your post sounds like whining.

- C -
Old 08-22-2007, 11:47 PM

Perg vs Alfi, OOT survivor gogogogogogo!