Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 12:31 AM

Default wells fargo debit card

I read in these 2+2 threads that some debit cards do work on stars and of course you wouldn't have to pay the 9.95 fee. Some debit cards people here mentioned were wells fargo. I just have an account at bank of america and another local bank and of course those debit cards/credit got declined when i tried to deposit into Pokerstars.

So can i go to wells fargo tomrorow and open and account and get my debit card immediately and use it assuming i put cash in there tomorrow? I do not remember if i got my bank of america debit card immediately when i opened an account there a few years ago. I'm asking this because i want to make a deposit by the 22nd because of the stars reload bonus. Or do wells fargo give me a debit card through mail which probably takes a week or so?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: wells fargo debit card

ya they give u one via mail, also when u receieve it you will need to attempt to deposit, then call wells fargo's fraud department to verify that it is you that is attempting the deposit. This did work for me but the last time I deposited on stars via wells fargo was about a month ago.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:36 AM

Oh thanks. Do you know how long it took for you to receive it through mail? I guess i will just deposit using moneygram this time since i doubt they can send me a debit card within 6 days.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:37 AM

I would have to say 7-10 days but thats just a rough estimate.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:38 AM

nm
Old 05-16-2007, 12:48 AM

okay. I have one more question. I have a bank of america checking account and have a debit card with it. I also have another account in another bank but its a savings account that pays very little interest 0.25 percent exactly because I am allowed to withdraw money anytime with the only requirement that i have a minimum of 1000 dollars in that savings account.

So do i have to open a savings account at wells fargo or a checking account to get a debit card? If it doesn't matter, would the savings be better than the checking?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:12 AM

well I think the only way you can get a debit card is if you get the checking account. And I cannot remember but it almost seemed like it was required to get the savings account? maybe not but it won't hurt to have it, also like all other savings accounts the interest is crap.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:30 AM

btw i think you have to have a minimum of 300 in your savings acount or else they charge a $3/mth fee
Old 05-16-2007, 01:31 AM

You do not have to open both, but to get the debit card card, you do have to open a checking account. The savings account comes with a cash on demand card that can not be used for purchases, only withdrawls. The checking account card can be used for online deposits. You will get charged a monthly fee for the checking account unless you set up direct deposit, or work for a company that Wells Fargo has an agreement with to waive the fees, otherwise you pay a monthly charge.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 AM

how does direct deposit work then? Is that free? I am still a student right now and don't work currently.