Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:30 PM

Default PokerNews.com Named Exclusive Live Update Provider for WSOP

I have known about this for a while but couldn't say anything. We are hoping to fix all the things people complained about about last year's coverage and are really excited about the opportunity. We will be the only ones in the rooms doing live updates and chip counts.

[ QUOTE ]
PokerNews.com Named as the Exclusive Live Update and Chip Count Provider for Bluff Media to support www.WorldSeriesofPoker.com

Los Angeles, CA
May 10, 2007

PokerNews.com today announced they have entered into an agreement with Bluff Media, LLC, to provide live updates and chip counts for the World Series of Poker, World Series of Poker Circuit and future World Series of Poker branded events. The agreement calls for PokerNews.com to produce and provide live ‘play by play’ updates and chip counts for publication on the worldseriesofpoker.com website, as well as on PokerNews.com.

“We are proud to partner with Bluff to provide what we believe will be the best coverage the World Series of Poker has ever seen. We look forward to covering poker’s premier events, and fans of poker can count on seeing all the action as it happens,” noted PokerNews CEO Damon Rasheed.
The WSOP™ kicks off June 1st, and Bluff Media is expected to provide broadband video, streaming and real-time content, management of www.worldseriesofpoker.com as well as live radio coverage on both satellite radio and streamed via the web. “We’re thrilled to be working with PokerNews as we bring the best coverage in the industry to poker fans worldwide,” said Nick Geber, Vice President of Bluff Media. “PokerNews’ industry-leading tournament updates are a perfect compliment to our unprecedented Video, Audio and Web coverage of poker’s premier events.”

After launching its new tournament reporting software in January, PokerNews.com has quickly garnered praise for what many in the industry consider the best poker tournament coverage on the web. PokerNews.com has covered events all over the world, and earlier this year was named the official media partner of the Aussie Millions.

PokerNews.com will be on site providing live updates and chip counts for worldseriesofpoker.com and video content available at Pokernews.com. In addition to the covering the WSOP in English, PokerNews.com is going to be “simulcasting” coverage by translating the coverage on a near real-time basis to most of the 23 foreign language sites in the PokerNews network.

“The strength in PokerNews is our worldwide network of foreign language sites” Said John Caldwell, Editor-In-Chief of PokerNews.com “The job of covering the WSOP in so many languages is a huge one, and we are working nonstop with our editors all over the globe in anticipation of covering the WSOP on an unprecedented level. Poker is a global game, and we look forward to leading the charge by providing live coverage for the first time ever in many of the languages we cover.”

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: PokerNews.com Named Exclusive Live Update Provider for WSOP

Justin:

Looks like you will be very busy this summer.

PokerNews.com has an "all-star" crew of battle-tested veteran tournament poker reporters with experience in North America, Europe, and the South Pacific in B.J. Nemeth, Paul McGuire, Tim Lavalli, and Amy Calistri. If the rumor of Jay Newnum signing on is true, then John Caldwell would have assembled a tournament reporting crew that is second to none in this business.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM

The rumor about Jedi MIGHT be true, that's all I can say.

Also, instead of the 18 or so reporter interns that CardPlayer used last year, we have teams led by VETERAN tourney reporters and will have a team closer to FIFTY.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 PM

I'm one of the veteran poker journalists who also signed on with PokerNews. I've written over 100 articles for poker magazines and have several months of live tournament reporting experience with my previous gig.
I'm really looking forward to showing you all what I can do.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:14 PM

Thank god. The coverage that cardplayer had last year sucked.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, instead of the 18 or so reporter interns that CardPlayer used last year, we have teams led by VETERAN tourney reporters and will have a team closer to FIFTY.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the crux of why cardplayer is on the rail. 18 interns that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground? Come on. That's how they operate....radio show = more interns....spend no money, you get a garbage product no one wants to be associated with.

I'm glad to see poker news is stepping up to the plate and helping make the coverage awesome.

I also read for the FT videos, one of the announcers is the guy for the Charlette Bobcats. Intern or Charlotte Bobcats announcer?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:30 PM

congrats, jshronk, I know you work VERY hard to bring the audience what it wants. Congrats also to PokerNews in general- beats the hell out of Cardplayer & Pokerwire.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:18 PM

Will you have radio. LIke pokerwire and the circuit?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will you have radio. LIke pokerwire and the circuit?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is being worked out now. Still up in the air.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rumor about Jedi MIGHT be true, that's all I can say.

[/ QUOTE ]