Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2007, 03:28 PM

Default BEAT: O&A Suspended for thirty days

O&A Suspended

I dont know how many people on here are fans, but for what its worth I certainly am, and the show gets me through my day with a little entertainment. I"m still not sure if this effects the cbs portion of the show, but xm is no longer even playing they're replays for the next 30 days.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: BEAT: O&A Suspended for thirty days

I am against censorship and think this sucks because of that, but O&A suck anyways. If the merger between Sirius and XM goes through, they would be fired either way. Theres no way the combined company keeps them and Stern. Stern is a much bigger draw and 1000 times better. I guess if you have XM, that sucks because its your best option for now. Don't worry, if the merger happens, you would have lost them anyways.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:44 PM

Im from England and am a huge Stern fan (listen to the whole 4-5 hours). I have never heard O+A but they are constantly berated by Stern. Is it possible to love Stern and like O+A? They've got to be better than Bubba the Lobe Sponge, right?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:52 PM

This is much deeper than whether you like o&a or stern, not the point at all that i'm trying to make. This is entirely an issue of censorship, XM is suppossed to be a subscription based, unedited, unfiltered service, with options to block any programming you may not like. Don't think that this is the end of this censorship if this holds up and o&a are gone, Stern or whoever WILL be next as we keep continuing to get more and more sensative and allowing special interest groups to control the media and what we are allowed to hear and think.

its sad
Old 05-15-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is much deeper than whether you like o&a or stern, not the point at all that i'm trying to make. This is entirely an issue of censorship, XM is suppossed to be a subscription based, unedited, unfiltered service, with options to block any programming you may not like. Don't think that this is the end of this censorship if this holds up and o&a are gone, Stern or whoever WILL be next as we keep continuing to get more and more sensative and allowing special interest groups to control the media and what we are allowed to hear and think.

its sad

[/ QUOTE ]

sirius did not invest 500 million in stern to allow him to be censored/removed. O&A? meh.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:35 PM

O&A and Stern both have there very good moments and their very meh moments. No need if you are a Stern fan to hate O&A and vice versa, it is all pretty silly this "radio fight".

Oh yeah, XM grow some balls you sackless pieces of [censorced]
Old 05-15-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As the names of Rice, Bush and the queen came up, Charlie said in vulgar terms that he would like to have sex with each of them.
The pair issued an apology Friday, but XM said the “shock jocks”‘ do not realize the seriousness of their comments

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a sound byte or something for this? Because 30 days for this sounds lolz.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:37 AM

Obviously a defensive move on the part of XM to try to gain some favor with Washington as they need the approval of the US government to merge with Sirius. If you need government approval of your pending monopoly, especially in the current political climate, it's probably best not to react complacently to employees of yours speaking vulgarly about the sexual acts they'd like to perform on the female Washington elite.

It's [censored], but just because it's a pay service, don't think for a second they're out of the reach of the feds, and they know it.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 AM

I don't think I could have sex with any of those women for 30 days.
zomg no radio show for me now.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:48 AM

Brag: I changed my mind and decided to have the sex with them and keep my show.