Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: SYTYCD odds on individual contestants now posted!!

New Bodog lines for the top 12:

Odds On: Who will be the Winner of the Fox reality show "So You Think You Can Dance"? Any wagers placed after results become public knowledge will be no action. Max. $50.

Kameron Bink
9/1 (was 10/1)

Anya Garnis
9/1 (was 21/2)

Jaimie Goodwin
8/1

Lauren Gottlieb
17/2

Neil Haskell
9/1

Hokuto "Hok" Konishi
7/1

Lacey Schwimmer
6/1 (was 8/1)

Danny Tidwell
9/1 (was 19/2)

Sara Von Gillern
12/1

Dominic Sandoval
13/1 (was 14/1)

Sabra Johnson
14/1 (was 15/1)

Pasha Kovalev
10/1 (was 15/1)
Old 07-16-2007, 06:29 PM

I can't believe Dominic and Sabra are the two longest shots, seems completely insane to me.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 PM

I agree, especially since Hok seems very awkward with the styles outside of his expertise.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:33 PM

How does the voting work now that we have a Top 10 and partnerships are over?

Mary seemed to say this week that the judges will no longer have a role in deciding who gets cut.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe Dominic and Sabra are the two longest shots, seems completely insane to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sabra is talented but her ability to pull votes is very much in doubt. I'd rate her the #3 girl after Lacey and Jaimie.

Dominic looks like dead money. He literally had zero partnering experience before the competition began. I'm impressed by what he has accomplished but expect his lack of experience outside breaking to catch up with him before long.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does the voting work now that we have a Top 10 and partnerships are over?

Mary seemed to say this week that the judges will no longer have a role in deciding who gets cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Partnerships will be redrawn each week.

They should do two dances with their partner, and then everyone should do a solo. They then have their own phone number.

Thursday is elimination where they go through the females and males but not as pairs. I don't remember if they do second solos on Thursday if they are in the bottom three.

Final four they had to do a dance with each remaining person and a solo.

I have no idea how it worked the first season.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:06 PM

yeah they do have [pointless] solos on the results show, but by then all the hip hop guys have been eliminated and they always have the most interesting ones to watch. though i guess it does give people a chance to see the people who were almost eliminating, giving them a chance to rally.

i hate both dominic and sabra, but somebody must be voting for one of them to keep them out of the bottom. whichever it is is the only one with a solid following besides lacey.

i would love to see pascha win but he will probably fizzle out like dmitri.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:33 PM

Sabra is talented but her ability to pull votes is very much in doubt. I'd rate her the #3 girl after Lacey and Jaimie.

I don't see how you can say that about Sabra when her and Dominic were not in the bottom last week but a couple praised by the judges were in the bottom three. I feel just the opposite that she has very strong voting support.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you can say that about Sabra when her and Dominic were not in the bottom last week but a couple praised by the judges were in the bottom three. I feel just the opposite that she has very strong voting support.

[/ QUOTE ]
The B3 results are heavily influenced by the luck of the draw for style/choreographer. Last week Sabra and Dominic were given a very audience-friendly dance to work with. Neil and Lauren were hidden under costumes that were virtually burlap sacks and given a Mia Michaels choreography so incomprehensible even the judges didn't know what it was supposed to be. They were doomed before they left the dressing room.

Dominic and Sabra are truly opposites. Dominic is charismatic and forces people to notice him but he is a very limited dancer outside his style. Sabra is a very fine dancer but she's quiet and easy to forget about. Maybe they covered each other's weaknesses while they were together, but apart I foresee her being admired onstage and then forgotten at vote time.

This is all relative of course. Sabra is still #3 IMO ahead of Sara and Lauren. Sara is a neat person and she's done an amazing job of stretching her extremely limited experience, but her number must be coming up soon. Lauren has been very lucky and already made it farther than she deserves.

PS: Sabra's pointed complaints about repeatedly being dropped probably inflicted permanent damage on Dominic last week. The accompanying clips of drops during practice were quite memorable and put his skills in a very bad light.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The B3 results are heavily influenced by the luck of the draw for style/choreographer. Last week Sabra and Dominic were given a very audience-friendly dance to work with. Neil and Lauren were hidden under costumes that were virtually burlap sacks and given a Mia Michaels choreography so incomprehensible even the judges didn't know what it was supposed to be. They were doomed before they left the dressing room.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly right, and illustrates an important concept in SYTYCD wagering.