Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2007, 07:53 AM

Default QQ overpair against fish, deepish

Villain is 40/11/1 over 350 hands, but has been a bit more active than those stats suggest at this table. My notes on him read 'value bet relentlessly" after he called two big barrels with bottom pair against me earlier on. Truth be told, though, I hadn't closed the notebox after writing that down, and as such I didn't have that read during the hand. Not sure how much it would have changed, though...

Anyway, how do others play this hand? Comments on all streets, and a general 'plan' after the check mini-raise, are welcome.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $244.00
BB: $372.00
UTG: $171.95
<font color="black">Hero (MP): $346.46</font>
CO: $314.10
BTN: $242.30

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.00</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $7.00, BB calls $6.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($24) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $36.00</font>, Hero calls $18.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($96) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $44.00</font>, Hero calls $44.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($184) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $88.00</font>, Hero calls $88.00

Pot Size: $360.00 ($3 Rake)
Old 05-17-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: QQ overpair against fish, deepish

Check min-raise flop and 1/2 pot lead turn and river from villan with aggression factor of 1? I feel a little uncomfortable here. There's gotta be a better line than this, suggestions?
Old 05-17-2007, 09:08 AM

Looks OK to me.

I dont see any point after the flop when a raise is preferable to a call.

I expect that you will end up winning more often than not here.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:27 AM

i feel like raising the river.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:37 AM

If he was a good player you might be able to fold here, but I've seen this line with a flush draw from a donkey. I would take the same line, I don't think he's folding whatever he has and you have to get to showdown as cheap as you can, any raising is only knocking out worse hands. If the flush draw gets there and he keeps betting I probably fold, at that point there isn't much he can have that you can beat.