Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Problems with absolute poker

hey guys,

i got a problem as follows with absolute poker:

the first hour with absolute the HUD run without a problem. but then after changing some options it still doesnt run anymore. the absolute tables are listed in the HUD window but without any dates and on the table there are no panels.

with poekr stars the HUD runs still without any problems.

i deleted already the database of absolute poker, but it doenst help. the HUD creates a new database-file but this stays on a size of 2 KB.

then i downloaded the realtime.exe again but this was without success, too.

any idea???

:-(
Old 11-26-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: help!

Was this party too? The other question I had is do the hand totals match up? If not then there are either some hands missing or there is a a problem with importing some hands. If they do then there is a problem with the way I am processing them.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:43 PM

First time user of ur product here, Mike:

Is the "database" that RTHUD builds a physical file that I can move between computers? e.g. I have a few computers i play poker on, but so far I've only configured the RTHUD db on Laptop #1, and it took me several hours, b/c I had to first import a few million hands from PT, and then build the RTHUD with them...that took a while. And I'd like to not have to repeat that process, so can I just instead move the DB that RTHUD 'builds' between computers somehow?

(Also, another question: if I build the RTHUD database with one batch of hands, and then want to 'add' another batch of hands, is RTHUD smart enough to know that i don't want to DISCARD the HHs I've already imported? e.g. will it just add the new batch of hands, or will it OVERWRITE the DB it created with the first batch? hope that made sense...)
Old 11-26-2007, 08:34 PM

What you are doing should work. The *.rtm files contain the database info. I haven't made a lot of multi-million hand db's though. If the files get so big that they are larger than your available RAM then you may have problems.

When you rebuild a database for a site, you are prompted to ask whether you want to clear the database first. If you don't the hands will be added. You might encounter import speed problems if you don't have all the hands together in one folder. In particular, if the set of hands you are importing is older than the already imported hands, RT has to insert them into the middle of the db rather than just plonking them on the end. It wouldn't surprise me if it were quicker to just rebuild everything from the same folder. That way RT can sort the files by game number, importing oldest first and not have to do much insertion into the middle of the game number list.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM

Mike,

I haven't experimented much so forgive me if this is a stupid question:

Are the *.rtm files in a database format I can access with some utility? (If so please let me know) or are they your own custom format?

Thanks,

dave.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:58 PM

Thanks for the reply above, Mike -- those answered my questions. One more trouble-shooting issue...

Old 11-26-2007, 09:01 PM

Teddy, I can see those stats.

White on yellow not too clear tho... maybe change the colours?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yeah i see that white numbers too
Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike,

I haven't experimented much so forgive me if this is a stupid question:

Are the *.rtm files in a database format I can access with some utility? (If so please let me know) or are they your own custom format?

Thanks,

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i wanna know that too...
Old 11-26-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, never even noticed that -- i know why, though: the CONTRAST on my laptop is very poor compared to my desktop monitors (which i'm now reading this thread on and I can see the faint white on yellow). Not to hijack this thread, but is there a way to change the CONTRAST on my laptop's LCD display? I did a lot of google searching on this issue but came up empty. I see the blue "Fn" keys on my laptop's keyboard that let me change the BRIGHTNESS but I don't see anywhere I can change the contrast...any ideas?