Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2006, 05:07 AM

Default Re: I can\'t remember the last time I felt this good!

[ QUOTE ]
17 year old deaf bitch finds phone on train and is trying to search the directories to find the owners home number is attacked by butter eating monster. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally thought he was going to somehow say the girl was deaf at some point. Hahaha
Old 02-18-2006, 05:32 AM

Tony, this is my favorite post in the history of 2+2. I don't think that is the alcohol talking, either.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:37 AM

photoshoped
Old 02-18-2006, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty shocked by how many of you are jocking Tony for what he did.

Sure it is a really funny story, but it really is a dick move and far more dick than some stupid girl playing songs on her phone. There are a lot more mature ways to handle this, especially with a 17 year old girl.

Honestly, how bad ass do you really have to be to do this? WTF was she going to do back?

Sorry to rain on the parade, but seriously, if you take a step back, this is effed up. What would you think if tony did this to your sister? Sure you would think your sister was an idiot for not just turning off her effing phone, but you would surely think Tony was a bigger douche for breaking some 17 year old girl's phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't feel like a bad-ass for doing this. I feel like I made a positive contribution to society.

Also, there is little dispute that I am a douchebag in general. I'm fairly sure that's been well established, but I'm not sure if it's relevent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Douche or not, it still could have been handled a lot better. I'm typically not one to be an uber nit, but it just seems ridiculous that you would break some girls phone b/c she was playing ringtones too loudly. You are a big dude, I'm sure if you would have just said something instead of given a "stare," she probably would have turned the stuff off.

If you wanted to be a hero, you should have broken the phone and then dropped a hundo on the ground with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it was a dick move, but she was making dick moves of her own. And she had been asked repeatedly to knock it off and hadn't, so clearly Tony giving her the Tony stare or just repeating what others had said and been ignored for was not a possible remedy.

You can't really justify something like this, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the story and even feel that a certain justice was done.

And in a very real way, no baloney, Tony might have done her dumb ass a favor. You're not any less of a prick because you're young and female. Anyone so belligerent as her when it came to bugging people was not your ordinary Jill; she obviously thought she was above it all and separated from and better than the world. Tony reminded her that no such thing was true. Hopefully he made her consider whether such a thing was even possible.

Kids are the most obnoxious, self-centered people on earth, except for possibly the very old. It takes many of them many years to become human beings. Think of Tony as speeding her evolution along a little. Looks like she needed it.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:57 AM

Tony, Was she hot?
Old 02-18-2006, 06:00 AM

Good post, Blarg. That's how I look at it. This wasn't like a slight impolite misstep..her behavior went well past the line of exasperating.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:11 AM

Tony

I cordially invite you to the cinema with me next time I go. I hope that a phone goes off/someone starts talking during the movie, cos it always happens when you're not there.

I want more Tony P. Trip Reports.

I think you need to start your own section in your classics work and include this one, along with the firestarting TR.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tony, Was she hot?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, she had a pretty face though.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on doing what many would love to but few would have the guts to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent work, Tony. You are an inspiration to all of us.

bk

[/ QUOTE ]

great story.

the moment would have been perfect had you casually dropped 50bucks onto the dead phone as you stepped off the train.

....entire train cheers....

leaving the cash truly makes you the champion of the people.

anyway it is amazing how anyone can snap at the most random times. thanks for sharing really enjoyed the story,

sean
Old 02-18-2006, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the moment would have been perfect had you casually dropped 50bucks onto the dead phone as you stepped off the train.

[/ QUOTE ]

Had he done this there would be no lesson learned for the little bitch on the train.

I'm sick and tired of people like this girl who think they can be oblivious to the rest of the world and get away with it. $50 for a new phone is worth the lesson if she learned it and if she didn't then I hope it happens again when she's picking her new ringer on the train.