Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Adriana Lima 122 50.62%
Scarlett Johansson 119 49.38%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: I Worry About Some Of You

You people are missing the funniest part of this whole thread.

[ QUOTE ]
the remaining management is marked as totally incompetant,

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Math challenged learn some math and logic and math adept sometimes learn some street smarts.

[/ QUOTE ]

um. what?
Old 11-14-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David, wow.

You are actually surprised at how obtuse a bunch of uneducated 19 year-olds can be? Don't forget that's the demographic you're dealing with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love these flawless aruguments. Jump on the Sklansky bandwagon and call people names when your arguments become moot.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The title and overly condescending tone in this post bothers me a lot - but you have a good points, especially about collusion and the lack of detection software.

[/quote AJ green shouts over to scott (tom), as gets a couple of beers out of the chiller in his swanky costa rican residence"head of site security says we should get that new expensive software to catch people cheating", scott replies" yeah sounds like a great idea". they sit back and chug the beers as they laugh out loud to each other whilst playing 4 tables as POTRIPPER. "yes we really must look into that asap" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 11:21 PM

"The first and last post from me about Absolute" imo.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, there was a third type of negative response to your initial post.

Those who found it random and pointless.

I don't think this new post has converted any of them. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
retard can be used as a completely objective statement

i.e. "the trees growth was retarded by the cold weather"

I am just guessing, but I think the word comes from the french verb retarder which means "to be late" or something similar.

Calling someone a retard, meaning slow or dumb, is an insult, but saying something is retarded can be taken literally as meaning. It's just that the word is used so much that it has too much negativity attached to it, just like the word gay being used to describe a tv show you don't like etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, your semantics are totally sweet and all, but did you read the quoted post? It's one hundred percent obvious what he meant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it isn't, you just have asperger's sydnrome.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this in BBV anyway. Shouldnt it be in NVG? I thought that's what the "V" stood for in NVG

[/ QUOTE ]

nvg = not very good fwiw
Old 11-15-2007, 03:15 AM

[ ] AP management cares if Sklansky calls them incompetent.
[ ] AP management cares if Sklansky calls them dishonest.
[x] AP management cares about the monies that they'll be raking in from all of the people who decide to "go for it."
Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 AM

All David is saying is the same thing we have all been saying to every non player that says online poker is rigged:

"If it's rigged, it's rigged in my favor, who cares?!"

"If your making money, your making money."

Yet now that we "know" they cheat our song is different! Did we really ever doubt that there are cheaters at every site? If you play online poker your are accepting the risk because the reward outweighs it.

We have known all along that there are cheats, nothing is different. Weigh the risk against the reward, make the call.

If you are repulsed, as I am, then don't use that method because the risk reward equation is not the correct formula for weighing ethics.

Do I think it is a morally responsible post? Not really, but if you are looking to DS for ethical guidance you do have some f'd up [censored] going on in your head (no offense, but not a strong first choice). If you are looking to make money, you've come to the right place.

I am guilty of giving the same advise David did, and most of you are too. "Despite the known existence of cheaters (on any site), you should still play because it is profitable."

Personally I won't play there (ABS) until I am reasonably sure that things have changed. This may require new ownership, not sure... I am risk averse and morally outraged, they have an uphill climb with me, but I do note they seem to be shopping for rope.

If ABS was the last site on Earth, how heavy would morals figure into the equation? I think things would change for me because I would still want to play. I suck.