Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Does his line look like AA/KK? - NL10

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($9.25)
UTG ($8.20)
MP ($9.95)
CO ($10)
Button ($9.50)
Hero ($21.85)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.2</font>, CO calls $0.20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3.2</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($6.65) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $6.95 (All-In)</font>

Stats are what really stood out: 23/15/1.3 over 450 hands. His AF is what stopped me from pushing preflop. I was either going to fold this preflop once he repopped or call just to see the flop and see how he acts on the flop.

1. Does this look like AA/KK?
2. How would you play it differently? Or would you play it the same?

He minraises - I reraise - he min-raises again.
Right away I thought in my head *MONSTER*

What do all of you think?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Does his line look like AA/KK? - NL10

AK, or AA/QQ. Not KK here. The all in shove makes me think QQ for some reason. Did you call and did he show AA?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 PM

Preflop, against a TAG out of position, I would fold. There isn't much that he is going to re-pop you with and I think you are either 50/50 or behind to all of it.

Flop: Well, if you are not going to call his AI on THAT flop, fold preflop.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AK, or AA/QQ. Not KK here. The all in shove makes me think QQ for some reason. Did you call and did he show AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to respond just yet. I want to hear more people's thoughts and how might they read this opponent and what hands they put him on.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:29 PM

I HIGHLY doubt he has KK, I can't remember the last time i saw someone bet the nut top set (esp KK) on a dry board, when checked to in a heads up pot in 10NL. I think AK, AA, and QQ (maybe JJ) could all possibly make this play. (in order of how frequent I think he'll have these hands)

I hate your flat call preflop. If you really put him on AA or KK, then dump your hand preflop. If you think QQ or JJ could be played like this, then get it all in the middle before any cards come. Flat calling his reraise sucks.

That being said, you obviously thought there was a chance he doesn't have AA or KK. You hit the hand you were trying to hit. Get it all in here.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:35 PM

like said earlier, what kind of flop are you hoping for if you call pf? ldo
Old 11-14-2007, 08:40 PM

If you call PF, you've put in 1/3 of the effective stacks, so there is no way you can ever fold flop if you make TPTK or better. I'venever played NL10, but even at NL50, it is rare for people to 4bet without KK+. BTW, his 4-bet PF was not a min raise, but granted it was on the small side.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:44 PM

Well what would you guys do here? Would you honestly dump your hand to a smallish raise?

I checked flop to see what he would do, and yes, of course I called. I told myself preflop if I get a flop I can work with, I'm most likely going to have my stack in by the end of the hand.

small raise? I got outplayed on this hand though, he knew what I had (assuming I hit the King) and I sort of knew what he had. I could not let it go on the flop, I got what I wanted :\
Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you call PF, you've put in 1/3 of the effective stacks, so there is no way you can ever fold flop if you make TPTK or better. I'venever played NL10, but even at NL50, it is rare for people to 4bet without KK+. BTW, his 4-bet PF was not a min raise, but granted it was on the small side.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true I never really considered what this opponent is capable of 4betting with. I should have probably ignored the size of the raise since it looked sort of tricky and considered what could he be 4betting with? He was obviously pricing me in for a reason.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true I never really considered what this opponent is capable of 4betting with. I should have probably ignored the size of the raise since it looked sort of tricky and considered what could he be 4betting with? He was obviously pricing me in for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

An unknown did this to me with A4s yesterday.

With zip FE here I play hand as above and call flop. Cheap getaway if he's got AA/KK. AA/KK doesn't make as much sense as weaker hands given bet-size.