Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 AM

Default NL25 QQ hand

Did I play this too passively? Villian 40/20/inf over 10 hands, so no real reads. The only thing I noticed was the villian was 0/2 with c-betting. I wasn't really sure what to do here out of position.
Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $16.10
BTN: $32
SB: $24.55
BB: $24.40
Hero (UTG): $29.40
UTG+1: $18.45
UTG+2: $25.40
MP1: $25.85
MP2: $40.75

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red">UTG+2 raises to $1.75</font>, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+2 bets $3.25</font>, Hero calls $3.25

Turn: ($10.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks

River: ($10.35) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks
Old 11-20-2007, 04:12 AM

Default Re: NL25 QQ hand

I think I would reraise PF. Post flop play seems fine.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I noticed was the villian was 0/2 with c-betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow!
Plus his "I have something good, please donīt fold"-raise preflop.
Plus now he c-bets.
Plus then he gets passiv when the King comes.

Was this JJ?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:28 AM

Reraise him preflop. Don't be afraid to get it AI if he shoves. You want to take control of the hand so when you make your big cbet on the flop he's the one thinking you have AA.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:56 AM

i had two thoughts preflop: i either get in with this hand, or if i just call, i play for set only. Also i would bet the flop to see where i'm standing at.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:36 AM

I'd play this exactly the same way. I'm not a fan of 4betting this preflop as we're pretty much only getting called by hands that beat us and maybe AK. I'm also not keen on going AI preflop against an unknown with this hand. Checking the flop lets AK and JJ take a stab (which is good for you) and keeps the pot under control. Checking the turn is good since AK just moved ahead of you, and realistically, you now beat nothing except for JJ (AQ seems unlikely, especially since we hold 2 Q's). I doubt we're getting any value on the river from JJ, and we're probably not folding out AA, so I check here as well. On both turn and river, I think I'd fold to any bet.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:50 AM

I really don't like all the talk of getting this in PF. I think even though his reraise is a minreraise, 4betting here I think is pretty bad, if the money does go in after we 4bet, we certainly aren't ever ahead, and our 4bet might cuase him to fold a lot of his hands, and we miss out on his cbet and continued postflop action.

I assume we are c/f'ing the turn, thats fine. River check is also fine, as long as you understand we are calling a river bet.

Flop play is interesting. Arguments certainly can be made for all sorts of different actions. And I'm sure some people might like a lead or a c/r. However, I will attempt to say why I think c/c is best.

We don't know much about villains 3betting and subsequent cbettnig range. We also don't know if he plays draws passivly or not. We can assume when he cbets this flop that a resonable opponents range is something like "AKo/AQo, AhKh, AhQh, TT, JJ, KK, AA." Perhaps slightly wider, however, the problem w/ leading into this range is that all but AKo/AQo and JJ are likely raising you here, and your lead may even cause AKo/AQo and JJ to fold, and we woul dhave lost value vs a c/r. If we assume he would cbet his strong FD's and overpairs, I think we can also assume a c/r is never going to get called by worse hands, and that he will also always be calling or shoving our c/r with his strong hands and FDs.

PLus depending on the turn card, c/c'ing the flop opens up lots of options for us on later streets and we can extract more vs his more marginal hands.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 AM

b/f river for 8ish
Old 11-20-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b/f river for 8ish

[/ QUOTE ]

To what purpose, exactly? To me this looks like:

[ QUOTE ]
Give KK/AK/AA/TT another 8 dollars and fold out JJ (which would've checked behind anyway)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-20-2007, 12:06 PM

Woops, I didn't see that villain's stats were only over 10 hands, I probably still b/f though, JJ calls for sure the way the hand was played out