Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

[ QUOTE ]
James is strong, this isn't about strong, it's about balance and dexterity, which Frosti has in spades.

[/ QUOTE ]Most challenges are about swimming, speed, strength, balance, and stamina, in no particular order. This year they've toned way down on the swimming because they're not on some pacific island.

The very first challenge they had, when they had to lead the dragons through an obstacle course and the two heads had to do some running and jumping to get a key, blah blah blah... I expected Frosti to make up some time in the solo obstacle course because he talked about being into that stuff. But he barely made up any time at all. James is no lumbering hulk; he's strong and athletic/fast.

To Lebowski: Yes, you can give the III to anyone you like.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Jaime so much its absurd.

The challenge was pretty weak...I liked the recommendation that everyone had to touch the ball.

I still think Amanda is a lock to win this thing.

Updated chances of final 3

Amanda: 3:1 (I might make this 1:1 soon, she is absolutely dominating this game in her own way)
Todd: 6:1 (like Amanda but the up front mastermind)
James: 7:1 (had the Idols but he is going to face major heat)
Erik: 9:1 (a bit of a threat that Todd/Amanda won't let get there---might be gone next week)
Denise: 8:1 (doesn't have enough game to get to the end IMO)
Courtney (8:1-she is def. a time-bomb but her lack of a chance in challenges--minus sitting on a log helps her so much)
PG (12:1--her schemes scare Todd/Amanda and she will be dealt with)

My prediction

7. PG
6. Erik
5. James
4. Denise
3. Courtney
2. Todd
1. Amanda

[/ QUOTE ]

My picks (of course we can't predict immunities)

7. PG
6. Eric
5. Todd (James makes this happen)
4. Amanda
3. Courtney
2. Denise
1. James (He's not as dumb as many people think)

I think James will want Courtney in final 3 more than Amanda, as Courtney his ticked some people off.

PS. Voting Frosti off sucked (nice kid) but he or Courtney had to go.

PPS. James is not dumb. He filled himself with burgers, he knew where he was in the vote, as he got no votes, and he did not waste an idol. He is also cool with Todd appearing to be the puppet master.

Another thought - When James gets to the point where he wants to get rid of Todd, he can do so with his own vote and an idol, even if Todd gets a few of them to turn on James, he plays the idol and Todd goes home. After all, James won't need two idols when he gets to the last vote where he can only use one idol. And, he won't have to give Todd the extra idol at that vote if Todd's already gone!!!!

It's probably been edited out, but you can bet Todd has convinced James that he deserves to get the extra idol if they get to a vote where James has two idols left and it's the last vote where idols can be used.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My prediction

7. PG
6. Erik
5. James
4. Denise
3. Courtney
2. Todd
1. Amanda

[/ QUOTE ]

If the rules stay the way they are, then the only way James can be voted out 5th is if he loses all three challenges and also uses up his two immunity idols on the first two...really unlikely. I mean, of course he could also be blindsided, but blindsiding him got a lot harder to do when Todd warned him two weeks ago about a possible scheme and then activated James's spider-sense.

And do you really see Amanda beating Todd in a final vote? Arguments:

Todd: I've controlled the strategy side of this game since the beginning
Amanda: I've, uh, let Todd control all the strategy since the beginning, see I'm super cunning!
Old 11-16-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one really likes James. Tod and Amanda want to take him to the final three. They probably want Denise there also because nobody likes her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I think Todd has kind of gone the other way and conceded in his mind that James is probably going to be around at the end; I think he did this two weeks ago and that's the big reason he didn't go along with the blindside--he thinks his best chance to win is to ride the James/Amanda alliance and then beat James in a vote.

And you're right, I don't think people really love James, but I also don't think they hate him, and just listening to their comments and watching body language, I think he is the acknowledged favorite/alpha dude right now.

Also, James definitely likes Denise, and she likes him too. A few weeks ago I thought that they would stay loyal to each other the rest of the game; I'm not so sure now, but I definitely think their relationship could end up screwing Amanda in a final four for example.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:03 PM

As per this thread, I hereby declare that James actually IS more dumb than people think, because nobody really thinks he's dumb.

I was upset at CBS for captioning his jive talk, but then they stopped and I couldn't understand him. I felt so uncultured.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:19 PM

- I think Denise will make the final three because, simply, she can't possibly convince the jury she deserves their votes. Just nothing there.

- I think Amanda's played the best game by far and she's shown competitive drive. Smart girl. I think she may stage a coup on Todd at some point realizing he'd be tough for her to beat in the vote.

- I can't help but wonder if Eric may move ahead of PG on the chopping block for some of the alliance folks because PG, like Denise, can't possibly win.

Amanda 3-1
James 3-1
Todd 4-1
Eric 7-1 (likability and tedious political connections seem to balance out)
Courtney 8-1
PG and Denise infi
Old 11-16-2007, 04:08 PM

To me Amanda seems pretty and friendly, but I'm surprised at all the credit she's getting from some of you guys. Just curious, what do you think she's done to deserve to win?

wisehand, I agree with you that her best move might be turning on Todd, and if she wants strength in numbers she could probably get Eric, PG, and Courtney to go along for the ride. And Arctic, I think you're right about all the Idol quid pro quo stuff at the end that could happen with Todd & James, all the more reason for them to get Todd out now.

My guess for final four is the same as Arctic's: 4. Amanda 3. Courtney 2. Denise 1. James
Old 11-16-2007, 06:59 PM

Why the [censored] are they always blurring out Amanda's ass? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I swear to god that puts me on a fit of rage more than anything else. What could possibly be back there that they have to hide? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me Amanda seems pretty and friendly, but I'm surprised at all the credit she's getting from some of you guys. Just curious, what do you think she's done to deserve to win?

wisehand, I agree with you that her best move might be turning on Todd, and if she wants strength in numbers she could probably get Eric, PG, and Courtney to go along for the ride. And Arctic, I think you're right about all the Idol quid pro quo stuff at the end that could happen with Todd & James, all the more reason for them to get Todd out now.

My guess for final four is the same as Arctic's: 4. Amanda 3. Courtney 2. Denise 1. James

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows Amanda has been in control or at least in the powerful alliance since day 1 but they haven't even thought about voting her out. She hasn't alienated herself from anybody and seems like everybody on the jury likes her. As on now there's not a final 3 that she wouldn't win against.

James better start playing nice to the remaining survivors. He can't afford to lose any more jury votes.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:01 AM

set your tivos. Turkey Day episode airs tommorrow.