Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

i dont think they will vote for James and wrry about who gets 2nd. James will probably use his idols now so there is no point in them voting for him. In turn, he should not use his idol next week if he doesnt get immunity to throw them off.

Denise has a choice of teams but either way she is going to get voted off when it gets down to people voting off their own alliance so it really doesnt matter what she does.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:57 AM

It's to bad JR had to go I thought he was funny actually Ill be rooting for James now though
Old 11-10-2007, 04:44 AM

anyone else think the edit was particularly unkind to JRB?
Old 11-10-2007, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Strategy - Either take James out or leave him alone, but DON'T wake him up by letting him see his name three times. James learned a lesson for free, and now will be on his toes, and it is highly unlikely he'll be defenceless again.

Keep in mind that it will take a minimum three week effort to get rid of James now, and I don't know if that is where to focus the attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, James could still be led to think that it was PG/Eric/JRB putting in the James votes trying to get rid of him without ever knowing that Todd wanted to take the shot at booting him.

Thing is, not getting rid of James now and instead getting rid of JRB could be Todd's undoing, for reasons already mentioned.

The stupidest reason that I haven't seen written is that JRB was a vote on Todd's side. JRB was bring left to believe he was IN with Todd/Amanda, so why get rid of his vote?

No "majority alliance" is ever safe in this game, especially one that, in the process of alienating Denise, is essentially now 4-3, more realistically 3 (James/Amanda/Todd)-2 (Erik/PG) with Frosti/Courtney/Denise for all intents and purposes all swing votes now due to the handling of this past vote, as well as Courtney now having no need to stick with Todd since her goal's been met in getting rid of JRB.

Fact of the matter is Todd felt "threatened" because someone else was coming up with the same ideas as him, albeit a couple days late, and he went and out-schemed himself into potential early elimination while leaving the monster threat loose.

I don't see Todd winning this at all.

And I don't see any way James fails to make the Final 3 now unless there's a "no immunity idols in Final 4" rule in play and he blows it.

I'm going with the thinking that Frosti or Amanda wins this season.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:41 AM

James -- is absolutely no dope. Deserves to win so far. Also I think he's been the most reliable guy for funny quips.

Frosti -- in a standard immunity challenge, he's the only one left with a chance at beating James. With eight people left there will probably be either five or six total immunity challenges, and of those five or six challenges, three or four of them will probably be bluntly physical and james will be like an 75% favorite, frosti 20% tops, field 5%.
(Frosti is also smart and seemingly well-liked, he's a threat to win the million if james falters)

Todd -- plays the best mental game imo, but it still might not get him to final three. I do think his decision to spare james was calculated and not spite-based, but I think it was probably the wrong decision--from their perspective they really needed to blindside James right then. Todd isn't my favorite guy ever, but he irritates me much less than I thought he would circa episode 2.

Amanda -- overrated imo. piggybacking on todd's strategies. She seems nice enough, and her ass is probably the only thing left that I wish wouldn't get blurred, but she's been too wallpapery to win the game. I think in a vote she would lose to everyone left except Courtney, and even that's not a sure thing

Courtney -- her New York club kid too-uncool-for-school routine is really wearing thin (zing) with me--pardon the psychological profile but she just seems almost unwatchably insecure. But I think JR could be proven prophetic: Lame duck players tend to stick around.

Denise -- I think she could absolutely be around for a while, James would be happy to take her into final 2 given the chance, he genuinely likes her. It's useless to read tea leaves with the editing, they do a pretty good job of mixing things up with red herrings, but I do think the whole "I'm always picked last" angle we heard from Denise is the kind of stuff the editors usually reserve for people who are going to be around for awhile, especially if they ultimately end up being accepted by alpha players like James.

Erik -- seems like a swell guy for a virgin, though he does divulge too much information in general. If he hadn't said anything to JR about James having the two idols then it's possible James would be gone. But I do think he's a decent enough guy, at least I like him much better than...

PG -- it's really retarded how she acts as if she still has some control--she essentially has had zero for the entire game. If she manages to hang on for another week or two I am already rolling my eyes at the speeches she will be delivering about "how [she] was smart enough to still be here, I've outlasted and outwitted so many people," etc. She makes me mad because I really liked her at first, and she's obviously a thinking player, but she's queen of rationalization. I think IRL she'd probably be pretty cool, but she's kind of choked away this season--imo other players in other seasons have finessed much more with much less to work with.

IMO it's going to be pretty hard to take James out, and I think in most scenarios it involves Denise telling him a bald lie, which at this point is hard for me to imagine.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:14 AM

I only saw the last 10 minutes, why did Denise vote for PG when everyone else voted JRB?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:51 AM

WOW, Jaime looks RIDICULOUSLY good on the jury.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:44 AM

I think you guys are being unfair to PG, she tried to play the game, and she didn't even do too badly considering she was (yeah, poker analogy [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) card-dead throughout the whole show so far. Who knows what she could have done if she hadn't been unlucky to be in the weaker tribe? The fact alone that she's still on the island is pretty good in my opinion, both she and Erik (and Frosti) had a much more difficult time than anyone in the other tribe. And in my opinion she came off as a rather likable person too.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW, Jaime looks RIDICULOUSLY good on the jury.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but with a shower, nice clothes, and some makeup its hard not to.

[ QUOTE ]
I only saw the last 10 minutes, why did Denise vote for PG when everyone else voted JRB?

[/ QUOTE ]

while it is a very basic answer: nobody told her...its not clear why todd and co. decided to leave her in the dark (it makes no sense). maybe the editing kept us blind to this but maybe she is not as close with the original red and they simply dont trust her with information...but she was in the know earlier in the ep because at one point PG was the next to go before everything got shaken up.

is it possible that they needed to give PG one vote in case of future ties or something? this doesnt make much sense but maybe it was a security thing (because obviously they didnt need that 6th vote). more likely todd and co. just screwed themselves to a degree by alienating denise. i would love this question to be answered at some point by a player in the game.

lastly, in future seasons i would actually really like to see a mix up in how they start the game. make the first immunity challenge or two individual and only allow the bottom third or something eligible to be voted off and then go down to teams (maybe school yard picked for most fairness). just something to spice things up.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:36 PM

Bump for tonight's episode