$0.25/$0.50 Blinds
6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $50.69
BB: $42.71
UTG: $18.96
MP: $113.09
Hero (CO): $75.90
BTN: $56.72

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, 4 folds, MP calls $5.00

Flop: ($13.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9.00</font>, MP calls $9.00

Turn: ($31.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($31.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">MP bets $15.00</font>, Hero?

reads, 58/8/0.7
Old 07-29-2007, 04:43 AM

Default Re: hand advice...

If you had a read it would make this hand a lot easier. There is no way he is value betting worse. With his bet size i would call, your turn check induces and it looks like a good time to bluff. I don't know how light he value bets here but the preflop and flop action make a flush not likely and i dont think he has a 7 very much.

I dont know if there is any merit to this but if you think a big part of his value betting range is pair jacks and better over pairs although KK and AA 4bet pre most of the time, you could bluff raise. This may be suicide i'm not sure
Old 07-29-2007, 04:46 AM

Its not a bluff, its a blocking bet, probably QQ or such. Shoving may be EV+ but the variance is huge. Folding is ok since your probably behind, calling is bad. And you need reads.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 AM

turn check is awful. Jack doesn't change anything and you aren't making anything pay for a draw. The turn check also doesn't really induce a bluff, because what the hell is he calling with on the flop that he's going to bluff with later in the hand? He's calling the flop with either a smaller pocket pair (floating), or he caught some piece, or even a straight draw with A7 or 67 or 87. Therefore, we aren't inducing a bluff from a smaller pocket pair, because they'll be happy to check it down and hope you missed with overcards, and the people that are drawing are getting a free card. Bet the freaking turn.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:02 AM

Also, i disagree with corsakh that calling is bad here. Raising is bad because of the 4 card straight, and nothing we beat is calling.

When it comes to folding, well we're getting 3:1 on our money, so we only have to be good here 25% of the time. Although the river bet looks like we're beat, I don't think we're beat 75% of the time, not even close. As played call.