Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: haha busto

wow. just...wow.

good vibes on getting back on your feet. good vibes for ROBUSTO!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't really know what to say. The variance in this game is some combination of sickening and humbling. Dealing with the running bad is a very hard thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing in a game where you are totally underrolled and going busto is not variance.........

[/ QUOTE ]

It most certainly is provided you have an edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you flip a coin and it lands on tails (or heads), is that variance? Answer: Yes.

Edge really has nothing to do with it here over such a short term.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing in a game where you are totally underrolled and going busto is not variance.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhhh....yeah, it actually is.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhhh....yeah, it actually is.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not variance, it's RETARDED
Old 04-29-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't really know what to say. The variance in this game is some combination of sickening and humbling. Dealing with the running bad is a very hard thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even though people are correcting your statement based on a literal interpretation, I agree with the spirit of what you said.

My statement about the difficulty of dealing with variance referred to the breakeven stretch, which I think was part of a longer pattern of running bad for Miles. It's hard playing a ton of hands and doing significantly worse than you would expect to do. There are plenty of regular players who are tough when things are going their way, but start to fall apart when they run bad.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:36 PM

You'll be back, bro.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:08 AM

Wow, this is shocking to me. You should take a week or two to reflect, deliver some pizzas or something and get your head screwed on straight. I'm sure after you de-tilt, a lot of people on here would be willing to stake you to get you back on your feet. Good luck, bro.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:37 AM

I started with a 12k breakeven stretch be4 I started booming upwards, I think there was ego involved in your play. Their shoudnt be any ego in poker.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:19 AM

Yes, I lost all my money. The messed up typing was just a way to add humor to the loss, which is far from devastating. I still have a bunch of money saved up, and I have job offers from a ton of companies, but I'm going to try to keep playing poker.

I didn't expect this thread to be/get so long, and I find it entertaining to see all the different types of responses (celiboy ftw lol). It seems that some of you apply your own rules (morals?) to my situation, and then you make judgements, calling it surprising or crazy or stupid or retarded or whatever. I saw it as taking a big shot and knowing I have options if it doesn't work out (get a stake and actually try to win, deposit more, get a job, etc). Admittedly, once I lost a massive pot with like 95% equity on the flop, I semi-tilted off the remaining ~$3k I had online.

You'll probably see me at the big Stars 3/6 game soon, grinding out FPPs for bonus money, lol.

Oh and just to clarify, the graph I posted was from April 21st until the 29th, which is why there are only 9k 5/10 hands on it. Clearly I didn't go on crazy monkey tilt from breaking even for 9k hands. It was like 50k hands, and that wasn't the whole reason I decided to play 100/200. I just felt like going balls out and seeing if I could double my bankroll real quick.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:18 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]