Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 09:57 AM

Default Re: The Well: Lefort

Will you marry me?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:12 AM

What's the table selection like at 5/10 and 10/20, and what do you consider a great table, mediocre table and 0 EV table, and what's it usually like on the off hours and the on hours.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:31 AM

what sites do you play on and when do you consider is the best time to play, early morning, midday or at night?
Old 11-03-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your blog is very good, by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]
url?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:14 AM

favorite movie?

a life tip?
Old 11-03-2007, 11:54 AM

why are you such a donk?

why am i such a pussy and never move up in stakes like you did?

i remember the day after you won that wcoop. you were all smug but deep down you were like, "#@$!#Rasdfkjasdlfkjasdlkjf1q#$%!!"
Old 11-03-2007, 12:04 PM

what stakes do u play now?? can you share how many hands you played approx at each level and what you winrate was?? Have you ever hired a coach??
Old 11-03-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
An oldie but goodie:

Live Man or Dead Woman?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead man for sure..

[ QUOTE ]
How is your hangover?

Say you played your A-game consistently. What win-rates do you think would be possible at 25/50 NL, 5/10 NL and 1/2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hangover isn't bad. I drink a ton of water both while I'm boozing, before bed, and when I wake up.

As for winrates, I don't really "believe" in them. There are way too many changing variables as you "accumulate" a seemingly converged winrate. If I 1-tabled 5/10 by finding the best table at any time, I'm sure I could run at 8+pt. If I 12-tabled with no table selection, I'd probably have trouble cracking 2pt. This is especially true for 25/50 where there are definitely times where without table selection, I could conceivably be a dog. And for 1/2... I've never really played it to be honest, so I'm not sure. I'd probably run at like -2pt there because nobody would fold to my bruffs...

[ QUOTE ]
do you play professionally, lefort? regardless of the answer, thoughts on doing so?

your blog is very good, by the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never ever ever consider myself a professional poker player. It's the only form of income I've had for the past 4 years during university, but I'd rather consider myself a student than a pro poker player. Once I'm done school in April, I'm starting a real estate investing company. But even if I didn't have such plans, I'd STILL consider myself an academic as I try to use the oodles of spare time that poker lends to learn. I think alot of people don't take advantage of some of the advantages that making money off of poker can give.

Thanks about the blog. I'll try to continue updating a couple times a week now that I'm grinding again. http://lefort.livejournal.com
Old 11-03-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pics?

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokerpages.com/players/pr...ean-lefort.htm

[ QUOTE ]
Will you marry me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you a young philly looking to get your heart broken?

[ QUOTE ]
What's the table selection like at 5/10 and 10/20, and what do you consider a great table, mediocre table and 0 EV table, and what's it usually like on the off hours and the on hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borderline unreasonable so I'll answer it loosely. 10/20 is definitely quite significantly tougher than 5/10 on all sites. For me, a great table is 2+ donks with VPIPs 30+. Mediocre table is just a single donk, or no true donks but a couple "bad regulars". 0 EV table would be one with 5 solid regulars and I'm 6-8 tabling so I don't have the opportunity to really focus on that table and get strong reads on thinking players.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

what sites do you play on and when do you consider is the best time to play, early morning, midday or at night?

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't say what sites I play on, but I will say that diversifying your bankroll over multiple sites is a good idea. Some sites are better at different times and this lets you be profitable whenever you choose to play. But I won't list off the sites and their "prime times"... no easy baskets.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
favorite movie?

a life tip?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually say Rounders is my favorite movie but thats pretty cliche in this forum so I'll go with.. Good Will Hunting.. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Matt Damon

Life tip, thats a fun one... My tip would be, "go do it!" Whatever it is you've been considering doing the past few weeks/months/years, whether it be something big like travel the world or get a new job, or something smaller like ask a girl out or color your hair, do it. You live life once, to look back and say "I wish" would be a travesty.

[ QUOTE ]

why are you such a donk?

why am i such a pussy and never move up in stakes like you did?

i remember the day after you won that wcoop. you were all smug but deep down you were like, "#@$!#Rasdfkjasdlfkjasdlkjf1q#$%!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yeah it was hard to talk to people in a calm and humble manner after just winning almost half a million dollars... and move up already! Just get drunk and do it!