Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 11:00 AM

Default NL10 Pocket 10\'s OOP HUD ??

Recently installed PokerAceHUD and want to make sure I am using it correctly to make decisions.

Villian is 10/8/oo obiviously very tight and waits on premium hands to play. Am I giving to much respect or should I play this hand more aggressive.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero ($19.90)
UTG ($39.05)
MP ($13)
Button ($10.65)
SB ($11.15)

<font color="blue"> Should I 3bet here?
</font>
Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.4</font>, Button calls $0.40, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

<font color="blue">Should I lead on the flop?? </font>
Flop: ($1.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, Button folds, Hero?? .

Final Pot: $2.25
Old 11-17-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: NL10 Pocket 10\'s OOP HUD ??

Folds.. since he's range is at most jj+ and ak.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:24 AM

i think you played it weak preflop
we dont have to give too much credit for his raise
3bet and fold to a 4bet

as played you can fold, w8 for a better spot
Old 11-17-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folds.. since he's range is at most jj+ and ak.

[/ QUOTE ]
The range you give would be for someone who raises 3%
Villain here is raising 8% of his hands. That means something like 88+, ATs+, AJo+, KTs+, QJs, and his cbet on the flop doesn't necessarily narrow this range much without a read on how much he cbets, which cold be a lot for someone with AF=oo,although 3way, a low coordinated flop is the kind of flop many people will not cbet without hitting it.

Against this range, you have 55% equity. Other than flopping a set or overpair + SD, this is about as great a flop as you will get for your hand. Villain's most likey hand is 2 overcards, but your hand is vulnerable and it is hard to play the rest of the hand OOP. Even if you had air, a c/r will take down the pot a lot here, since it misses Villian's range most of the the time. You are in trouble against JJ+, and ATcc+, KTcc+, QJcc, which he has about 1/3 of the time. I put in a c/r here. Not only do we probably have the best hand, but sets, pr+draw and combo draws represent a big part of our range, so our hand looks ever stronger than it is. I fold to a 3bet, since we are ahead of his raise PF and cbet flop range, but way behind his 3bet range, which I would think is larger overpairs and overcards+FD, against which we have only 25% equity.

I think PF is fine, and 3bet PF is ok too, but if we don't 3bet, TT can play postflop without hitting a set, and this is a great non-set flop for us. Check/folding is weak/tight.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Villain is betting this flop when you check 100%.

Saying fold assumes you're playing for set value.
Either lead the flop and fold to a reraise or c/r here.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:29 PM

As played, fold. You call preflop for set value, you don't hit your set, so fold. If you reraised preflop, than you could've raised him in this spot...
Old 11-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Calling his pf raise exclusively for set value is terrible. This is a great flop for our hand. We checked, meaning villain is going to bet 100% of his range, whatever it is, on this flop. This includes AK, AQ, 88, and 99. We absolutely must bet this flop here; the only reason I might check is to c/r.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:06 PM

Need to know over how many hands your sample is over??? When basing both your Pf and post flop action on HUD number sample size is very important...The infinate aggro factor and recently installed leads me to believe the sample size is relatively to small to make the decisions you did...
Old 11-17-2007, 06:54 PM

I think you missed the chance you needed to get information. By betting out you represent a stronger hand it he raises you then I think you can fold. Of course if he just calls you don't really know where you stand.